Bruce Bump knives

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Richard338, May 23, 2020.

1. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    We have seen quite a few impressive pieces revealed in this forum, my recent favorite being the bowie by Paul Distefano.

Seeing nothing new today, I remembered a knife that made a huge impact on me, one I would go back and look at every few months. Seeing this revealed in 2017 felt like an EVENT! This is the Tomb Raider dagger by Bruce Bump. Sadly, digging up that thread today, I found that the pictures no longer display. Bruce's website https://www.brucebumpknives.com/ has a gallery of many of his pieces including a few new ones I had not yet seen.
    I'm posting a taste of them here including a pic by COOP of a Pharoah's dagger (first image), and the last image is the Tomb Raider that got me interested in his knives to begin with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Bruce’s work is mind blowing. The man is also incredibly humble. Many consider him the “master’s master”.

I still dream of owning a Bump custom one day. Until then, I am the happy owner of this fighter, which is a collaboration among Bruce (blade) Steve Janik (handle) and Doug Sutherland (engraving).

It caused a little buzz here about 7 years ago.

4AD6A8AB-CB5D-4F5C-A8C8-8DA73AA8519D.jpeg

3. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones

Oct 28, 2006
    Thought I would share a couple Bruce made for me. Jere Davidson engraved them. Both Bruce and Jere are incredibly talented and true gentlemen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  4. Richard338

May 3, 2005
    Wow, thanks guys.
    I agree they are mind blowing.
    I just can't get over the creativity.
    Love to own a dagger of his one day...

5. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Bruce, his son, and family are Salt of the Earth and more talented than most folks deserve to be....great post.

6. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Have followed his work for years. Never get tired of it....Outstanding works of art !

Ron Sabbagh likes this.
  7. john april

john april

Feb 27, 2006
    as a maker those photos make me depressed lol :rolleyes: mind blowing creations.

Willie71 and David Mary like this.
  8. lhzeng

lhzeng

Dec 4, 2017
    [​IMG]

One Tomb raider dagger, and the bowie in the background is also made by him

Last edited: May 28, 2020 at 12:39 PM
    benchwarmer380 likes this.
  9. Richard338

May 3, 2005
    lhzeng, I couldn't see your image until I quoted your post. Your photo gives another interesting perspective on the piece.
    ETA: now I see it.

Last edited: May 27, 2020 at 4:43 PM
  10. DMD08

DMD08

Jul 22, 2005
    Bruce Bump feather damascus is my personal favorite. It's just bonkers. The closest I'll get to owning a Bump is my file guide.

11. ISKski

ISKski

Apr 11, 2011
    I saw this piece in hand at the first ICCE show -- there were no words then, or now. Simply one of the best.

Very few people could make leather grips THIS level of high class.

Only wonder why he didn't clock the screws.

[​IMG]

12. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    One of my favorite pieces he did was "the Newell Set" matching knife and black powder pistol. Absolutely amazing work. Coop did a great job photographing it. Not sure if I can just drop the image here though. I use his knives as part of my work computer wallpaper rotation.

13. Richard338

May 3, 2005
    You can upload the pictures to a site like imgur and then post it.
    I do remember that set. There was a terrific WIP thread that might have been that one.

14. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
  15. Richard338

May 3, 2005
    So awesome, even the box isn't simple. Who doesn't need something like that!

16. claude scott

claude scott making custom sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 28, 2011

17. claude scott

claude scott making custom sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 28, 2011
    Bruce and his family are really talented and easy to work with. It has been a real privilege to build sheaths for Bruce. I have been able to see
    his great work "up close and personal".

Richard338 and Rhinoknives1 like this.
  18. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    High art

Rhinoknives1 likes this.
  19. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    Bruce does make high art knives and his cut & shoots, Black powder 17-18th Century Bladed Pistola’s are works of Art!