Brush Demon Hossom Outdoor Edge?!?!

Both the Brush Demon and the Saberback Bowie are 5/32" thick, which is the same thickness I use for most of my custom knives.

The saw? Well it works as well or better than any saw back on a knife. The teeth are cut in a pattern to maximize its cut, but at 4" long I'd probably use the blade to chop through most of what the saw could saw through.

The balance point is just in front of the thumb ramp. It's a handy knife for one with a 10" blade and whether you choose it or the Brush Demon probably depends on how much brush and limbs you plan to chop in a day. The Bowie makes a pretty good camp knives, paired with a folder for the little stuff. It would be a great knife to have behind the seat in a pickup for whatever comes along, and it rides easier on the belt than does the Brush Demon, simply because it's smaller. And like the Demon it has a very serviceable convex edge that I've been pleased with. It holds up well, is durable, and the 65Mn steel at Rc54/55 is easy to sharpen with most any sharpening device.

Hope that helps.
Hey jerry question is is it full tang all the way through the handle? I wanted to cut and sand the last bit of the handle off, the triangle part, which is maybe .75 inches. Just enough to fit into my pack and also be comfortable. Like I said in the comment you prolly didn’t read I have had this thing for awhile and it’s held up a long time. It’s oretty beat down now so I won’t feel to bad about doing this to my choppa haha

Oneknifeonly, Just unscrew the handle and pull it off then line it up on top of the tang and you’ll have your answer.

This knife has been an amazing performer for me in the Everglades and as a weapon against animals, well, I was forced to use mine to dispatch a feral large dog a couple years ago. Be glad it has the point it has, and be glad it has the chopping ability it has.

Oneknifeonly, Just unscrew the handle and pull it off then line it up on top of the tang and you’ll have your answer.

This knife has been an amazing performer for me in the Everglades and as a weapon against animals, well, I was forced to use mine to dispatch a feral large dog a couple years ago. Be glad it has the point it has, and be glad it has the chopping ability it has.

Whoa are you serious dude ? That’s fuggin nuts! See I think about that too. I like having my bk7 with me a lot as I feel it’s a great one tool option and could serve as good means of defense against animals or people even. I don’t always carry a gun. Especially when I have just my bk7 cuz that means I’m traveling light. Anyway I live up in Wisconsin so I would have to tangle with bears or wolves cougars and even packs of coyotes. I could using the brush demon against coyotes but a pack of big wolves and bear I still wouldn’t have much hope. But I feel like the demon would serve as a best chance.

Just got around to buying one of these this afternoon. Haven’t used it yet..., but my first impressions are good - nice even grinds, razor sharp, smooth even finish, comfortable grip, and adaptable sheath. Just what you should expect in a Jerry Hossom design.

Back