Brush Demon Hossom Outdoor Edge?!?!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Scottman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Oneknifeonly

Oneknifeonly

Mar 2, 2019
    Hey jerry question is is it full tang all the way through the handle? I wanted to cut and sand the last bit of the handle off, the triangle part, which is maybe .75 inches. Just enough to fit into my pack and also be comfortable. Like I said in the comment you prolly didn’t read I have had this thing for awhile and it’s held up a long time. It’s oretty beat down now so I won’t feel to bad about doing this to my choppa haha

2. Brian Jones

Brian Jones Moderator Moderator

Jan 17, 1999
    Oneknifeonly, Just unscrew the handle and pull it off then line it up on top of the tang and you’ll have your answer.

This knife has been an amazing performer for me in the Everglades and as a weapon against animals, well, I was forced to use mine to dispatch a feral large dog a couple years ago. Be glad it has the point it has, and be glad it has the chopping ability it has.

3. Oneknifeonly

Oneknifeonly

Mar 2, 2019
    Whoa are you serious dude ? That’s fuggin nuts! See I think about that too. I like having my bk7 with me a lot as I feel it’s a great one tool option and could serve as good means of defense against animals or people even. I don’t always carry a gun. Especially when I have just my bk7 cuz that means I’m traveling light. Anyway I live up in Wisconsin so I would have to tangle with bears or wolves cougars and even packs of coyotes. I could using the brush demon against coyotes but a pack of big wolves and bear I still wouldn’t have much hope. But I feel like the demon would serve as a best chance.

4. Wicked Sharp

Wicked Sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Just got around to buying one of these this afternoon. Haven’t used it yet..., but my first impressions are good - nice even grinds, razor sharp, smooth even finish, comfortable grip, and adaptable sheath. Just what you should expect in a Jerry Hossom design.

Brian Jones likes this.
  5. Turborocket

Turborocket Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2010