BT7 Recurve Anyone?

Ban

Just drew this one up and made a wood template. Been meaning to get this one drawn up for a while because someone had requested a bigger version of the BT4 Recurve and wanted it for camping/light chopping. Waiting on my large order of A2 Steel to come in to start grinding it out.

5286590076_feac3eeea2_b.jpg

I like the idea and the design very much. Looks to be a good chopper already(Contoured handle for swinging, blade shape for good biting)

Wonderful! Can't wait to see the end product.

What will you be using for handles?

I like your home-made Micarta, like the one on the BT4

You should try some with Denim, from old jeans or Crafting store

Great design Ban . I like the recurve and the 7 Inch blade . It wil make an great all around camp knife .

haha... pretty much. Just think of them as really expensive cookies with a propensity for warping just like cookie dough :D

That looks great. I like the clip point also. It would probably look great with some sort of swedge too. A2 can't go wrong either. Can't wait to see it finished.

That looks great. I like the clip point also. It would probably look great with some sort of swedge too. A2 can't go wrong either. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks! It will have a sharpened swedge.

Just came out of heat treat and waiting for oven to cool down for the first temper. Will come back after I work out to drop them into cryo tank.

5331878082_1efb0c837b_b.jpg

Yeah it looks great like it is. You know the swedge I was thinking it might look interesting is the old fashion swedge across the center of the top of the center peak of the blade kind of like an old Mabels or something like that. I love the one you put on it I just think it would be an interesting look with the recurve.

Back