Buck 110 from Walmart

well,I just bought a new 110 from Walmart with the ebony handles and got it home to do some testing,been hearing a lot lately of low quality on knives.Not this one.

Got me a beauty of a new 110, razor sharp out of the box,nice smooth action and perfect lock up and blade centering .Im very impressed with the quality and how they sell these so cheap in 2020 I'll never know,thank you Buck Knives!

I'm with you on that. I didn't get mine from the mart, but my plain jane ebony is probably the nicest factory 110's I have. I got a finger groove version and the blade was a little jacked up. Too much was taken off during sharpening. I've been carrying my standard ebony a ton lately...

...been hearing a lot lately of low quality on knives.Not this one.
It's good that you post about you pleasure in getting a wonderful Buck knife. I sure most who do don't bother to post. If they did this forum would be much more active!
I try to keep in mind the fact that there are so many Buck knives produced, not all can be perfect. Even though Buck strives for that.
There are those who must have a platform(and this forum allows that) to voice their dissatisfaction with any and everything they deem a defect. Some showing photos are and are taken care of by the good folks at Buck.

Not that I'm a big fan of Wally World, but I bought one from them last fall, and it's of the high quality you'd expect from any 110.

Do they still come with the “inferior” nylon sheath that outlasts the leather one?

I agree with you about the amazing low cost. They make it up on volume I am sure.

Because of the affordability people who are not knife nuts can justify buying them. To most people the Buck 110 is the most high end knife they will ever own.

Do they still come with the “inferior” nylon sheath that outlasts the leather one?

I agree with you about the amazing low cost. They make it up on volume I am sure.

Because of the affordability people who are not knife nuts can justify buying them. To most people the Buck 110 is the most high end knife they will ever own.

Mine came with the black "made in Mexico" sheath. It's actually pretty decent, although I'd prefer a horizontal cross draw sheath.

I bought one a year or so ago at the mart and it came with a leather sheath.
It is remarkably high end for the price. Best $35 knife I'll ever own, I'm sure.

I've only bought 110LT's from Walmart because my 110 was a High school graduation gift and Walmart didn't have the ebony 110's in yet when I bought one for my dad, but I would certainly never hesitate to buy one there.

My dads ebony 110 is definitely a real nice one, though to me didn't feel as nice in hand as mine.
I'm just used to mine I suppose, though his does seem to be a hair thicker.

I keep waiting for the local wallyworld to get 110 & 112 in boxes but all they ever have is clam packs.

I keep waiting for the local wallyworld to get 110 & 112 in boxes but all they ever have is clam packs.
My 110 came in a box, but the local WalMart had no 112's of any kind and the clerk didn't think they ever carried them....so regional variations?

My 110 came in a box, but the local WalMart had no 112's of any kind and the clerk didn't think they ever carried them....so regional variations?
yep. some round where I am have no Buck knives. sacrilege I know.;)

Walmart and Buck dropped the nylon sheath. Straight to leather

was looking at my 110 50th anniversary and realized it came with a nylon sheath. did they sell them at Walmart in a clam pack at the time? were the nylon sheaths exclusive to Walmart?

An apprentice at work said he wanted to get a new pocket knife.
I suggested he go to Wally World and buy a BUCK ebony 110. "I think it's the best deal out there on a good looking, quality knife."

Now he's sending pic's to everyone of his new knife. He's quite happy with it

Last edited:

I actually prefer the nylon sheath.They sit flatter and you can carry them horizontally.

I like that you can use the nylon sheath in vertical or horizontal position, that is if the belt isn’t to wide or fat. Leather is nice and I like using them but I can use either or. If I’m around a lot of moisture and or nasty stuff I’ll use nylon because it’s easier to clean. I like having a choice.

I'm glad the polyester sheath has a snap and not a hook and loop patch like other companies would surely go with and I do like the horizontal option, but I only like this sheath for the 110LT.

Polyester just doesn't go with brass and wood like leather does.

Back