Buck 110 not centered blade

Good day!
I am not knives expert.
After new Buck 110 knife unboxing, I has been recognized, that blade when is locked, is not on the center.
Please give me advice, should I ask warranty service of buck knives? This knife is a gift for my teacher, he is big fan of Buck knives.
I can provide some pics, but I do not know how to download them.
And I would like to be sure, that present will be OK. Or this is not an issue at all. Sorry for my English and thank you in advance for your replies.

Did you get it off the internet or at an actual store? I only ask because if it was an actual store you could exchange it.

But if the knife is not rubbing when you open and close it the centering shouldn't effect the way it performs.

Did you get it off the internet or at an actual store? I only ask because if it was an actual store you could exchange it.

But if the knife is not rubbing when you open and close it the centering shouldn't effect the way it performs.
Hi!
Thank you for your reply. I got it on ebay. The store physically located in US.
The knife is not rubbing the inner sides. But when blade is closed I can shift it in side to side with the thumb high pressure. If in the future it will not arise any blade playing, I will not call warranty.

When in the opened and locked position, how are you determining it is off center? DM
Thank you for your question,
I can determine the off-centering only when the blade is in closed position (I see the gap from one side bigger, then on the other). I have pics where this is nicely viewing. But here I unable to attach them, unfortunately.

For the standard line of 110s the centering can vary. I have a couple that are dead on and a couple that are off. The centering doesn’t effect the lockup or use, so I would not worry about it:thumbsup:
Thank you for calming down my anxiety. If "not-centering" will not calls any blade playing in future, and all will looks as today. Then I will not bother the life-time warranty.

Good day!
I am not knives expert.
After new Buck 110 knife unboxing, I has been recognized, that blade when is locked, is not on the center.
Please give me advice, should I ask warranty service of buck knives? This knife is a gift for my teacher, he is big fan of Buck knives.
I can provide some pics, but I do not know how to download them.
And I would like to be sure, that present will be OK. Or this is not an issue at all. Sorry for my English and thank you in advance for your replies.
Here you are saying "when the blade is locked" open. Then in post #6 your saying it is in when the blade is in the closed position.?? DM

I was confused at first too. Then I realized the language barrier. English is not his first language. To us in reference to a knife locked means open. But how often is something locked open?

He thought locked meant closed. Like a locked door. In post 5 he clearly says the centering issue is when the knife is closed.

Dmitry, welcome to the forum. Your English is a lot better than my Latvian.

Last edited:
But he is pushing it, "side to side with high pressure" to create this condition. Looking at post 5. Otherwise the knife is centered. DM

If it doesn't rub and it locks up tight (and straight) when it's open, then I think all is fine. It's a good tough knife.

We all look at things differently though, if an off centered blade closed bothers you or you think it will bother the person you give it to, return it and have replaced. I wouldn't even ask to have it fixed, just replaced.

If it didn't move when forcing the blade it would be a fixed blade. If I force every folder I have the blade will move, so what's the problem with yours?? I'm sure your teacher isn't going to care and will appreciate your gift...Are you flunking??:D:D:D

Welcome to the Buck forum...

Here you are saying "when the blade is locked" open. Then in post #6 your saying it is in when the blade is in the closed position.?? DM
I thought that locked = closed. Sorry for my English, it is not my mother tongue. When the blade is "on" it is straight like an arrow. Now I understand everything is good with the knife. Thanks!

I was confused at first too. Then I realized the language barrier. English is not his first language. To us in reference to a knife locked means open. But how often is something locked open?

He thought locked meant closed. Like a locked door. In post 5 he clearly says the centering issue is when the knife is closed.

Dmitry, welcome to the forum. Your English is a lot better than my Latvian.
Thank you!
You are absolutely correct! Thank you very much for assistance!

If it didn't move when forcing the blade it would be a fixed blade. If I force every folder I have the blade will move, so what's the problem with yours?? I'm sure your teacher isn't going to care and will appreciate your gift...Are you flunking??:D:D:D

Welcome to the Buck forum...
Thanks! Everything is clear for me now! And no, all is OK with my courses! :) Now I decide to buy the Buck 112 Ranger for my every day usage. :)

I thought that locked = closed. Sorry for my English, it is not my mother tongue. When the blade is "on" it is straight like an arrow. Now I understand everything is good with the knife. Thanks!
A folding knife is either open or closed. A lock back knife locks in the open position.

He knows that now. He thought locked meant closed like a locked door or locked box or locked safe. Name one other thing that is locked open.

Just a language translation issue. He has the information he needs now.

Back