Buck 119 in full Magnacut

I got one. Buck did a run of the 119s(phenolic and micarta), sport 110, paradigm assisted, and not long after a 501 in magnacut. all sold out fairly quickly.

I know that seller of that 119 based on the picture. hes a good fella that participates in the Buck forum here. he sold me a sport 110 in magnacut.

I have one, too. Was $249 with Micarta handles. Just sharing here so you can avoid flippers on ebay.

i-Z95X8HM-X3.jpg

And today, I'm carrying one in 3V. Not sure which one I prefer :)

i-Ttj7dfS-X3.jpg

I recently bought a couple of knives off of him. He is open to offers and I ended up paying $10 more for one and $20 for another over what Buck was asking. Which was ok, especially the $20 markup since it was a 15 year special edition with the state of Idaho engraved in the bolster. But yeah, no way am I paying a 50% markup for that Magnacut 119

Another vote for the seller.
Sure there are many folks on ebay willing to pay a higher price, and if it's your knife and you can get someone to pay it, well that's between you and the buyer.
Shoot him an offer. The worst that could happen is he will respectfully decline.
Create a respectful relationship and he'll take care of you.

I've come to know the man, and he has went out of his way to help me find rare and odd items.
And the price has always been fair.

He's also a great resource and is very knowledgeable when it comes to Buck knives.
Oh, and he's friends with most every one of Buck's custom knife makers. Past and present.
That's worth something.

I look forward to future Magnacut creations having only recently been exposed to the steel.

There's more to this knife hobby than just the knives.
There's some great people willing to go out of their way to help out fellow collectors.

I value my relationship with them as much as my knives.

Last edited:
The stuff I bought from him were 1 off’s. Not available anywhere else.

I’m sure he made a profit.

I know I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of people treating this hobby and place like a business. I'm not referring to the people who make knives or dealers who sell them. I'm talking about the greedy middlemen who buy up knives that guys who actually want to use the knives really really want and then add on a nice f u tax.

The inkosi configuration I have been looking for, for nearly a month, there's 1 on ebay for 200+ dollars more than the dealers sell them for. I refuse to support scalpers like that. It enables them.

I'm not a collector, I'm a user. I want the knife so I can carry it and put it to use. This isn't some final knife for a collection that some jerk can arbitrarily tax to no end because it's 1 in 100,000 and a collector just has to have it.

It's a greedy individual who leeches off the community by making it harder for guys like me to get the knife they want to use.

I'm not a fan. Never have been. Going back nearly the entire time I've been here I have vocally been against flippers and scalpers.

This guy with the bucks may be nicer than other scalpers, quite possibly. That's great.

If it's a user, you don't need a knife that's 1 of a 100,000.

I guess I could always take the time off work, buy a plane ticket, fly roundtrip not to mention a rental car or cabfare to save that $100.
🤔

Or simply not buy the knife.😎

I don't like flippers either, but not everyone selling a knife is a flipper.
✌️

If it's a user, you don't need a knife that's 1 of a 100,000.

I guess I could always take the time off work, buy a plane ticket, fly roundtrip not to mention a rental car or cabfare to save that $100.
🤔

Or simply not buy the knife.😎

I don't like flippers either, but not everyone selling a knife is a flipper.
✌️
Wow. Insightful.

Thanks for telling me what I need. Though I never said I needed the user to be 1 in 100,00. I said the knife WASN'T 1 in 100,000. They are buying regular knives and flipping them.

Also, scalpers and flippers can be identified by their repeating pattern of buying up items and re-selling them for profit.

You like getting scalped, good for you.

But if you aren't going to use a knife in the first place, why buy the Magnacut version and pay the premium for it? Might as well be made of standard 420HC, which is still pretty good at resisting the rust it's going to collect sitting on a shelf or in storage.

And yes, scalpers suck, it's pure greed. Anyone who says it's not is part of the problem.

Back