Buck Collectors Club Inc.

hello, fello knife lovers.

i just ordered a buck strider 882 police knife with ATS-34 blade, online, for 40
bucks. did i make a good purchace? can any of you buck pros give me any info on this particular model?

Hi everyone,
On the collectors club application there is a line that says "Sponsored by _____". Do I need a sponsor? Or is there a benefit to members for finding new members?
OK, so I read all the back posts and figured the answer out for myself. And reading the back posts brought me to a new question. What does "BTTT" and some of it's variations mean? Just curious. Can someone tell me which year the sheath for the 119 changed from a "Holster Flap" to a "Wrap Around" design?

Enough questions for one post, although I'm sure there will be more later.
Thanks,

Roger.

BTTT is an abbreviation of "Back To The Top". It is used when someone wants to keep or return a thread to the top of the page.

Roger,

You don't need a sponsor. Any currnet members who sponsor a new member are in the running for a first and second place award knife for our annual membership drive. I hope you'll join our club!

John
Lifetime BCCI Member

Hey John,

:D Looks like you just volunteered to be my sponsor! Just filled out the app. and I'll put in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks,

Roger.

532Sawby said:
:D My wife and I have enjoyed being part of the club and the great folks we have met! There are too many names to mention that have been more than eager to help with the many questions that arise in collecting Buck Knives. Thanks to all!! <b>It will be nice to finally have the history of Buck Knives archived!!</b>:D

Just as an aside....I was a USMC DI in 1958/59 and owned a house in San Diego. One day, somehow, I ended up driving past a place a couple blocks from my house that had a sign that said Lawnmower Repair, Knife Sharpening. For some reason I stopped in to look around. Didn't need a mower fixed, or any knives sharpened. Al Buck greeted me and we began a brief friendship for the time I remained in San Diego. I bought several of his knives and had the pleasure of watching him do most of the work for several that I ordered for friends. I gave one of them to Chuck Buck at the factory years ago on a visit. The rest were given to friends as special gifts and I lost a couple of them in a burglary. Have never forgotten the time I spent just sitting on a chair talking to Al while he worked in his little shop. Fond memories.
Rocky Kemp

334dave said:
ugh ... there arenot many left but there were 6 of the
531 custom club knives with a life time member ship included for 120$ or so ...
call the buck store and ask for eda
and you dont have to list me as sponser (but you can) !
jest join! and get a cool knife to boot! what more do yu want!

I called buck today and spoke to Eda and bought myself a life time membership and as we were talking i deceided to get my 12 yr. old son a life membership, then in conversation i mentioned to Ena that i'm expecting another son this December and she said you better get him a life membership so he's a life member before being born, so my life membership turned into 3 life memberships. I can't wait so see what the knife/knives look like.

honesttom said:
I called buck today and spoke to Eda and bought myself a life time membership and as we were talking i deceided to get my 12 yr. old son a life membership, then in conversation i mentioned to Ena that i'm expecting another son this December and she said you better get him a life membership so he's a life member before being born, so my life membership turned into 3 life memberships. I can't wait so see what the knife/knives look like.
Tom,
Congratulations on the latest life member for the BCCI. I can just imagine the lifetime of fun and memories you guys will have.
Mike

Flyinrock said:
Just as an aside....I was a USMC DI in 1958/59 and owned a house in San Diego. One day, somehow, I ended up driving past a place a couple blocks from my house that had a sign that said Lawnmower Repair, Knife Sharpening. For some reason I stopped in to look around. Didn't need a mower fixed, or any knives sharpened. Al Buck greeted me and we began a brief friendship for the time I remained in San Diego. I bought several of his knives and had the pleasure of watching him do most of the work for several that I ordered for friends. I gave one of them to Chuck Buck at the factory years ago on a visit. The rest were given to friends as special gifts and I lost a couple of them in a burglary. Have never forgotten the time I spent just sitting on a chair talking to Al while he worked in his little shop. Fond memories.
Rocky Kemp
Rocky,
That's quite a story. I lived in San Diego for the better part of 20 years (SDPD and retired USN) and never made it out to the Buck factory. Now living in the northwest, I finally broke down and my wife and I drove over the Post Falls a few weeks ago and visited their new factory in Idaho. It was a great tour.
Mike

Flyinrock said:
Just as an aside....I was a USMC DI in 1958/59 ... I bought several of his knives ...
Rocky Kemp
My dad used to bartend part time at the Marine Barracks at Pearl and we'd go to the NCO Club at Subic for chow quite often. He had lots of Marine buddies. I was gonna go Corp but the Army recruiter got me when my USMC recruiter was out at lunch (true).
Any USMC DI named "Rocky" would scare the hell outta me :eek:
But a DI named "Rocky" with a fondness of Bucks and that great story has to have a soft side...somewhere.
Thanks for sharing.
Semper Fi Devil Dog!
Goose.
20 year Navy Brat

honesttom said:
wow 3 at once! … some thing else you may did not know… when you are older and really want to give a great grandson some thing … you can leave YOUR membership number to him. He may have to pay the membership in effect then but your number can be left to him.

Flyinrock said:
Rocky Kemp

wow what a story!!!
i for one would love to hear you reclations of thoes conversations!!!
if you EVER take time to wright them down i WANT a copy ~Pirty please!!!

A question for the BCCI officials & officers...Is it allowed to quote material from the BCCI site in answer to Forum questions??? Not a link or posting a pic, or quote verbatim any material; but just answer a question with something learned by studying the BCCI materials??? :confused:

chickentrax said:
A question for the BCCI officials & officers...Is it allowed to quote material from the BCCI site in answer to Forum questions??? Not a link or posting a pic, or quote verbatim any material; but just answer a question with something learned by studying the BCCI materials??? :confused:
trax - i am sure that no one here would have the tiniest issue with you relaying information! i think as long as you are :
reporting information that is available form other published sources
not claiming you first found the information
that and if it given as quoted or referenced as you have

i truly don't feel any one would have a problem ..
during the time here i have seen many many give out information
some dont say were thy find it , they may not remember,
and some give the source such as Levin's books and the article writers .
however i am sure some collector has more experance with laws then i do..

Buckcustom said:
Trax,

I see no problem what so ever in quoting material found on the BCCI website.

John

Thank you! :)

When discussing anything I've learned from the BCCI archives, I try to credit the author of whatever it is, usually Richard Matheny. I appreciate the amount of work and research he and any others have put into the Buck Model Histories, and would like to see their work recognized. But if it is copyrighted, or restricted to members only, I will respect that.

On the other hand...I've seen my own reports and analyzes gather dust on a shelf too many times...I'd rather it be read, discussed, critiqued, and used, than stored in a filing cabinet somewhere... ;)

Like anything...It ain't no use if it ain't used... :D

Back