Buck displays

20190728-084411-001.jpg
20190728-084355.jpg
20190728-084814.jpg
20190728-084633.jpg

This is my home office / home theater set up I am just about finished.

I am stunned........yes, stunned.

These collections are incredible. I never knew such things existed.......so many great knives.

Well done!

I'm actively looking for new cases to take to the Blade Show.. I don't want to look like I'm setting up at a flea market lol! At
on time I pictured a giant 112 with my 112's mounted both on the blade and in the handle with a plexiglas cover over the blade and the handle but it was just not practical. I am hoping I can have a TV or monitor running on a loop with close ups of each knife explaining why it was rare and odd. That might work.
Wow bro... ya should show em the new sases ya gots....

Great photos everyone and great displays. Mack found a 'Holy Grail" wheeled case. Let me suggest to those that aren't wood workers that a Buck Blade Show displayer uses a very large wheeled tool chest to display his knives. You could paint it any color you want for your décor. The chest mentioned has 'plexi' over the pull-out drawers. If security is concern you can remove wheels and screw the locking tool chest to floor and wall. Yes, you can't sit back and see all your knives but it is a easy way to display and one that won't harm female decorative bliss. Since I am on this subject, I have always been concerned to be known locally as a knife collector. I only share info and looks with trusted friends. Until you can be sure of your children not bragging about Dad's collection at school I would kindly educate them to keep your hobby to themselves.
My knives are in a gun safe with pull-out drawers, screwed to walls and concrete floor and built into back of a closet that has metal door. It also is braced and serves as our tornado room. (Only need room for two.) I have fifteen knives on small wooden wall box shelves beside computer desk to reach over and fondle one on occasion. Also have photos on cork board that I change out.
Paranoid ? , maybe but people gossip. My friend the fire chief knows which window to set a hose up in to wet the knives and the firearms and the ammo. 300Bucks

Great photos everyone and great displays. Mack found a 'Holy Grail" wheeled case. Let me suggest to those that aren't wood workers that a Buck Blade Show displayer uses a very large wheeled tool chest to display his knives. You could paint it any color you want for your décor. The chest mentioned has 'plexi' over the pull-out drawers. If security is concern you can remove wheels and screw the locking tool chest to floor and wall. Yes, you can't sit back and see all your knives but it is a easy way to display and one that won't harm female decorative bliss. Since I am on this subject, I have always been concerned to be known locally as a knife collector. I only share info and looks with trusted friends. Until you can be sure of your children not bragging about Dad's collection at school I would kindly educate them to keep your hobby to themselves.
My knives are in a gun safe with pull-out drawers, screwed to walls and concrete floor and built into back of a closet that has metal door. It also is braced and serves as our tornado room. (Only need room for two.) I have fifteen knives on small wooden wall box shelves beside computer desk to reach over and fondle one on occasion. Also have photos on cork board that I change out.
Paranoid ? , maybe but people gossip. My friend the fire chief knows which window to set a hose up in to wet the knives and the firearms and the ammo. 300Bucks

A word to the wise is sufficient.

I laughed Mike when I read that! That's about half now and my flashiest ones. I still get excited about a pad print or advertising 112's I've never seen. Don't get me wrong I love Bucks like the recent Finney 'Tracks' and some of my truly 1 of 1 Customs for example by David Dowdy I add to my collection but I'm always looking for Service and Safety award, reblades ect..Union 112's are a favorite along with interesting Special projects. I'll never quit looking as it's the thrill of the hunt that is the best part of collecting. The 2 112's I consider the hardest to find are any numbered Custom shop knife or one of BG42 reblades from 2002..

Back