Buck Knives latest ad looks kinda...Sketchy.

Do you think the Buck warranty covers abuse for prying metal?

what do you see in the guys other hand, bertl?

I'm second guessing my second guess....

I dont get this ad at all.

I don't think there is anything in that hand. I think his left knee is up and his arm is resting on his left.
good thought...makes sense. hard to see on a phone screen, but yeah that makes sense and it's the front spokes and tire I'm seeing. thinking it's something else.

so knife being used on the stand for some reason or just in his hand for some reason.

weird ad.

I don’t think anything is in the left hand, but that we see parts of a slightly turned front wheel.

Ads should make sense and shouldn’t take focus away from the product imo.
sorry missed ya already solved this posts ago. good call.

I lightened it up . . .
Unfortunate-Buckknives-Ad.png

. . . now the guy looks like Will Ferrell !

Attachments

• wff.jpg
    wff.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I was gonna buy one of those but I don’t have a motorcycle.

Why’s the flag on his shirt backwards?

I think it is a cigarette in his left hand (or maybe a vape), goes with the "vibe" of the ad. Darkness, tattoos, hat pulled over his eyes, 2 shirts on, Nickleback playing in the background as he slices the tires on the guy's bike who is dating his 6th x-wife. Oh, and he MUST use a "switchblade" for his dirty deed...............

Horrible ad, some "marketing" person needs to re-assess their career choices and Buck needs to have a talk with whomever approved that.

A couple of thoughts:
1. Its a good add. Look at all the people talking about it :thumbsup:
2. Its just weird and makes no sense whatsoever 🤪
3. If I caught somebody doing that to my bike, there'd be trouble ☠️
4. Its the kind of add I'd expect to see for a cheap, wannabe, ninja knife

I think it is a cigarette in his left hand (or maybe a vape), goes with the "vibe" of the ad. Darkness, tattoos, hat pulled over his eyes, 2 shirts on, Nickleback playing in the background as he slices the tires on the guy's bike who is dating his 6th x-wife. Oh, and he MUST use a "switchblade" for his dirty deed...............

Horrible ad, some "marketing" person needs to re-assess their career choices and Buck needs to have a talk with whomever approved that.

But what Nickleback song is it? How You Remind Me? Someday?

To me it’s simple, they want people to think Buck owners are cool, hence the performance bike and its a man since they are more likely to buy an auto and its an older man since they may be more likely to have the money for an expensive toy.

Methinks this is Buck's answer to the 1980s 501 jeans ad:

Yeah, well if anyone judged me by my looks they'd never sell me anything sharper than a popsicle stick. It may be a dumb ad for any number of reasons, but trying to figure out what someone who doesn't really exist is planning on doing in an advertisement is a little shaky.
Some years back I bought an unsharpened training knife as my first purchase from an online retailer. When the knife arrived, it came with a small magnetized plastic bandage dispenser with the slogan, "You're gonna need 'em!"

While later purchases also got me duplicates of that dispenser, I felt somehow insulted at the thought that I would need bandages using a trainer. And they never saw my face!

Back