Buck Knives latest ad looks kinda...Sketchy.

It doesn't matter. They're all the same song. šŸ˜†

True, true.

Thank you. I can now say I know the names of two Nickleback songs.

Now you know half the number of titles to Nickleback songs that I do. The other two are "Photograph" and "Rockstar" all of which I only know because the local radio station used to play them all incessantly.

Everything else aside, if you took the picture out of context (Buck Knife Ad) you would have absolutely no idea what product was on display or even if it was an ad at all. An advertisement for a knife where the knife is not even shown...geesh. Looks more like a Kawasaki ad but even that is not obvious at all unless you already knew enough about motorcycles to be able to identify the barely visible logo. We must all be bored and starved for knife content because we've made 44 posts about nothing.... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Since it's a trail bike, the only rational reason I could come up with for using a knife in that area would be to dig out brush/plant material that got jammed in the lower chain guard by the chain.

If one were out in the country, they wouldn't likely have a full set of tools and might be willing to risk ruining the edge/tip of a pocketknife to perform such a task.

Just a theory.

I dont think trying to figure out who it's designed to market to, and having some fun/ making jokes over an odd strategy advertisement, is shaky at all. to each their own.
I think it's like yikes....must have forgot they're only allowed to show clean cut white men only hunting or fishing....when the true demographic is wayyyyy more diverse, esp given that it's an auto like.....it's a totally different audience and vibe typically....??

I think it's like yikes....must have forgot they're only allowed to show clean cut white men only hunting or fishing....when the true demographic is wayyyyy more diverse, esp given that it's an auto like.....it's a totally different audience and vibe typically....??
not sure why ya brought race and gender into this discussion.......that aside.....

I own a lot of automatic knives.....and bout every auto model Buck makes.....doesn't feel like its marketed to me......maybe it's towards out in the pacific northwest dirt riding bikers?

not sure why ya brought race and gender into this discussion.......that aside.....

I own a lot of automatic knives.....and bout every auto model Buck makes.....doesn't feel like its marketed to me......maybe it's towards out in the pacific northwest dirt riding bikers?
meh, only because the dude's appearance and supposed lifestyle or lack thereof was brought up a ton, just seemed weird like, why?
true, might not be marketed to you (or me) and maybe it's a one-off....at the end of the day to me they're super solid knives I have a deploy myself

There's not much on a motorcycle you'd adjust, pry, or even cut with a knife.

Zap straps but to remove them with side cutters. If you want to shorten a zap then a sharp knife would do it because it leaves a flat cut (cutters leave a sharp wedge that'll snag you)

You'd could shorten a breather tube also but most people who aren't complete muppets will remove the part and trim it on the bench.

This is all just about someone in marketing thinking hip will rub off the motorcycle and onto a Buck user. Which is pretty much "my mom thinks I'm cool" logic.

Buck-110-Harley-Davidson-Heritage-Series-Edition-IV-Country-Roads__61656.1500577579.jpg

Can anyone make out what is in his left hand? I tried zooming in, but it gets blurry and my eyes are tired.

Nothing.

Do you think the Buck warranty covers abuse for prying metal?

It does now!

. . . now the guy looks like Will Ferrell !

Strangely that would start making sense.

Thank you. I can now say I know the names of two Nickleback songs.

That cost you two braincells though.

Anyway, jbmonkey jbmonkey good call on lightening it up. I had a similar idea when I first saw this thread a few minutes ago, and then I saw you beat me to it. But I went ahead with my idea, i.e. to run it through "auto level" in Paint.net.

Buck-Deploy-Ad-Auto-Leveled.jpg

I also zoomed to 400% and cropped the knife:

Buck-Deploy-Ad-Auto-Leveled-zoom-crop.jpg

Conclusion: knife knut biker fidgeting while figuring out the next move on his bike mod.

Nothing.

It does now!

Anyway, jbmonkey jbmonkey good call on lightening it up. I had a similar idea when I first saw this thread a few minutes ago, and then I saw you beat me to it. But I went ahead with my idea, i.e. to run it through "auto level" in Paint.net.

Conclusion: knife knut biker fidgeting while figuring out the next move on his bike mod.
idear for lightening it up came from bertl......

Nothing.

It does now!

You're probably spot on with your conclusion. The Deploys are great for fidgeting, I find myself repeatedly opening and closing auto's when I'm reading a long email, reading an article online or sitting on a Zoom call.

Back