Buck Vantage

Can anyone give a review on their buck vantages? Maybe show pictures? I have one myself but can’t decide to carry it over my case trapper

I have the Vantage pro s30v large and small plus a large vantage pro 20cv. They are all very good for edc work and handle hard use very well and keep a good edge for a long time. The 20cv is my favorite with brown canvas micarta. I started with the small and it was a tough little knife but many times I needed a longer blade so now it’s the large I use. I like it better than a slip joint as I can use one hand to open and close . I’d recommend trying a vantage for a few weeks and see how it works for you.

Great knife with good ergonomics and a stout, useful blade shape. I really like the versions with the Micarta handles over the GRN versions. My only complaint is that the flipping action on the two I own has been pretty atrocious and hasn't gotten much better with time. If you don't mind using a little wrist to flick it open, or like to use the thumb hole, it's no big deal.

Like Lesknife Lesknife , I would go with the large version as the small is a little too small even for my baby-sized hands. I really wish they made a 3" bladed version instead of just the 2 5/8" and 3 1/4" version.

Fy5P2uS.jpg

Do either of you guys use this knife while hunting...if y’all are hunters?

I do hunt, but I always have a fixed blade on me while hunting so I can't help much there. The Buck 110 is the only folder I've ever used while hunting and I only used it once for that because I didn't enjoy cleaning the blood out of all the nooks and crannies.

I’m going to get flamed, but my opinion of it is very different. I love so many of the Bucks but I will never again buy a Vantage. I sent mine back to Buck two times for the liner lock touching the opposite liner. The third try was less bad but the lock sat in random places with each opening. The action sucked. I traded it off, good riddance.

If it’s never said it’s never known. My experience could not have been worse. It put me off the brand for almost a year.

The lock on the Vantage is the only thing that keeps me from warming up to it. My finger rests on the fully exposed lock release and gives me an uneasy feeling. That's my personal view and it may not mean anything to you. I prefer the 110 and 112 Slims.

I have just a few Bucks, but in the mix is a large and small Vantage Pro in s30v and they are two of my favorite knives I own. My large I had to send back to Buck because the blade was rubbing the liner, but Buck ended up replacing the knife for me and now all is well. Out of all my knives if I had to choose just one to keep it would be my large Vantage Pro. That being said, I carried the small Vantage for about a year until I got the Sprint Pro Burlap. I chose the small over the large vantage to carry just because it sits so well in the bottom of the pocket. I don't normally use a pocket clip. But if someone said pick one, I'd be reaching for my large Vantage. The Sprint Pro Burlap is a really nice knife, but I think the detent is just a little too weak for my tastes. A couple of times, Ive had the blade open up a bit in my pocket and once I dropped the knife about a foot off the floor and when it hit the ground it popped right open. So, I think I'm ready to go back to my small Vantage.

Here are the Vantage knives I currently own, the unusual sided ones on the right were bought on the forum from Makael...great seller, and all around nice guy! Bought my brown micarta handled 119 from him also.

5apbEaQ.jpg

These have interested me but I'm on a 110-112 kick. Eventually I wouldn't mind trying one. I like the black handled one.

If you're referring to my picture, the 2 black handled are Vantage Pro's, small and large. Black G10 sides and S30V blades...

If you're referring to my picture, the 2 black handled are Vantage Pro's, small and large. Black G10 sides and S30V blades...

Haven't dug around with them enough to know the difference. It will be large, preferably G10.

Here are the Vantage knives I currently own, the unusual sided ones on the right were bought on the forum from Makael...great seller, and all around nice guy! Bought my brown micarta handled 119 from him also.

Question: Where do we go to order Vantages from Makael?

5apbEaQ.jpg

Back