Budgie 417

Mine has still not shipped from Buck.

It seems like there has been a loss of the sense of urgency in companies since the virus BS! They are using it as an excuse for poor service just like the USPS has done. I try to not get irritated, but it is really starting to piss me off. I expect stuff to ship same or next day and anything else is just poor service.

Any more thoughts on this little guy? I ordered a black one and ended up slicing my thumb! This knife is a little gem!! Going to order a couple more and give them as gifts

How is it pronounced? Is it named after someone or a made up word? If I buy one I want to know how to say it :) I have 110 and Vantage down pat now.....

I am interested in them, just haven't found my own use case for it and would like to handle one first if possible. Need to get to my local shop again (if they are still in business).

Love mine. The green one replaced a Spyderco Cricket as my money clip. I believe it is named after a small bird. It is pronounced like the word "budge" but with a long "e"...budgee

Buh-jee. It's a bird in the parrot family, sometimes referred to as the parakeet. As AZbuckNM mentioned, Budgies do bite! I too got a nasty cut opening the knife once.

There was a club.
Haven't seen it around.

I'm thinking maybe the budgie got loose,

Not Anti Budgie but I think money spent upgrading the 300 series line like mentioned a couple years ago would of reaped a larger reward in sales for Buck. Resurgence of slip joints from Chris Reeves, medford, Kershaw, boker, WE etc, etc proves it. Kinda what happened when the Bushcraft knives were taking off. We now have a 104 that fits the bill but on the late side getting to market.

Marketing and product development department slow to pull the trigger?

Budgie seems cool enough, not my style but nice to see this direction from Buck.

How is it pronounced? Is it named after someone or a made up word? If I buy one I want to know how to say it :) I have 110 and Vantage down pat now.....

I am interested in them, just haven't found my own use case for it and would like to handle one first if possible. Need to get to my local shop again (if they are still in business).
It is a slang word for parakeet. Hope that helps. DM

Back