BUG REPORT: Report errors here

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
We're going to have problems from the outage. Report them here.

Known Bugs:

Attachment system: Currently offline while we attempt to rescue data. This means you cannot upload images, avatars, or sig files until this is resolved
:grumpy: :foot: :yawn: emoticons Can't find them on my home pc so they must be at the shop. Will upload tomorrow
Avatars: Badger, Spyderco and the US flag are in the same boat as the emoticons above

At first when I posted a new thread, got a blank screen.

It evidently did accept it because I tried to post agian, and when I went back in as it was there 2ce. (in the Busse forum)

I posted in the Swamp rat forum, and all worked well.

That was a problem with the content management system we installed here. That's been fixed now, totally my fault there, I went brain dead and forgot to upload the plugins.

When posting instead of just seeing a box of emoticons to use it also says the text equivilent underneath it. Like
Code:
:grumpy: :foot: :yawn:

:)

Oh and the
Code:
:thumbup:
tag doesn't work.

Joe Dirt said:
When posting instead of just seeing a box of emoticons to use it also says the text equivilent underneath it. Like
Code:
:grumpy: :foot: :yawn:

:)

Oh and the
Code:
:thumbup:
tag doesn't work.

Ok, noted.

I noted this elsewhere in this forum, but when I log-on, my page doesn't list all the sub-forums like it used to. I seem to have all the recent posts.

Thank you Kevin for all that you do here, the loss of BF sure hit hard amongst us all. I know y'all will get the glitches worked out.

It's your User Control Panel that has your favorite forums. Mine hasn't changed, but that's the kind of thing that often gets lost in a crash. It'll only take you a minute or two to set it up again the way you want it -- if it's really changed. I wonder if you might be logging on with a bookmark for New Posts instead of for your User Control Panel....

Thanks for the good job mon.
FYI:
As of 5/15/06 : 11:00pmEST
Still getting upload of file failed errors even though the action carries through.
Most often can be recreated by changing avatars, sigs pics, etc.
Seems to be same as before the crash but still there.

Logged in three times and it kept telling me I had not registered an account yet. Wound up somewhere in the Buck forums and tried posting something anyways. Suddenly all is well and Java is welcome somewhere in BFC. What a long strange trip it's been. Glad you're back and thanks for handling the yeoman's share of work here, Spark.

j

Hmmmmm. Left BFC and came back. Same Login problems. Gives me a Welcome Back Java and next screen comes up YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED A BLADEFORUMS.COM ACCOUNT. Click on any forum from there and I am once again......JAVA - Proud Platinum Purveyor of Pointy Paraphenalia. Not really a major problem - but I depend of BFC to counter my Alzheimer's and remind me who I am..........

j

Or even the 2nd post in this thread

Thanks to all involved in the resurrection!:cool:

First 4 times I tried to login (having dutifully remembered to check the "Remember Me box") I got the little welcome screen and then was directed back to the login page. Finally went to the "User CP" page and used the login in the big bulletin block and all went smoothly.
Thanks for being there to raise the S.S. Bladeforums from the murky depths!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

...Oh alright...I'll sign up for the "Gold Membership" this year...LMAO...Thanks for all the work getting it back up Spark...:p :thumbup:

Hie there, thanks for the work Spark, I also did a Gold Membership purshase (old manner), hope this will help.

As for bugs, I dont receive anymore mail from suscribed treads.

Spark said:
Known Bugs:

Attachment system: Currently offline while we attempt to rescue data. This means you cannot upload images, avatars, or sig files until this is resolved
:grump: :foot: :yawn: emoticons Can't find them on my home pc so they must be at the shop. Will upload tomorrow
Avatars: Badger, Spyderco and the US flag are in the same boat as the emoticons above

Spark when you use more than one emoticon in a row you now have to physically type a space between them. Otherwise they stick together.:eek::(:grumpy::eek:
Not a big deal but it used to be that when you inserted one it would also insert a space after it.

Actually that was a problem with putting in the wrong word. grump doesn't work, grumpy does

Back