Bundok Bowie not quite gone

Hmmm... I do not have a big brother or the sheath but it seems like it is more close in size to the BK9 than the BK29.

What I can tell you is that the 20 didn't fit in there very well, the edge stuck out about 1/4" or more and blade was just to wide, I only use the big brother sheath for my 9 anymore, the 29 looks even wider tho lil shorter than the 20 so think screw

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/aftermarket-leather-sheath-for-bk9.1427227/
Hmmm... I do not have a big brother or the sheath but it seems like it is more close in size to the BK9 than the BK29.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/aftermarket-leather-sheath-for-bk9.1427227/

What I can tell you is that the 20 didn't fit in there very well, the edge stuck out about 1/4" or more and blade was just to wide, I only use the big brother sheath for my 9 anymore, the 29 looks even wider tho lil shorter than the 20 so think screwed for it fitting in there.

Face palm! I feel dumb. I linked you to your own post. :confused:

Logging off now. :oops:

Just thought you were pointing out to me I tried it before, as i tend to forget things.:D Yeah the 20 was just lil to big for that sheath after using to of them together more after that pic, and looking at 29 think I'd be to big also. Still wanna get a 29 soon tho.

Yes, i`m #382
Didnt find anyone willing to freight forward a bk20 in time... Not easy for us living outside the U.S. to get anything from direct from Ka-Bar.
Feel free to mail me, deerhunterATteliaDOTcom

Holy moly that thing is brand new! and that does look like the imperial version. I have been looking for the fixed version for while. They pop up on eBay all the time but never in a good condition and with a price I'm willing to pay haha.

If the guard is integral to the handle, it is an Imperial. On all the other versions, the guard separates from the blade and can get lost.

The fixed blade version was made by Case and is the ONLY knife that is a V44, which was Case's in-house designation. Came out in 1944 as a replacement for the folding versions.

All those Bowie looking knives that are called V44s are really either the Collins & Co. #18 Machete Pequeno, or a wartime authorized copy. Case's had no name and Western's was called the Bx-54 Bushman.

anyone that hates their SnakeCharmers, i'll buy those all day long from ya for $20, you pay shipping ;)

Thumbs up on the Avatar nutoknives nutoknives . I don't know if its new or I just noticed it. Either way it doesn't get any more relaxing then that.

Hey anyone ever end up wid da Proto BK20 ? thought it was going along with the first 450 or maybe the next 25 they just released and are gone now, so was it 450 and only 425 made it on orders was the very limited 25 leftovers cancelled order? So official Ka-Bar any incite on total BK20 Done ? also was the Prototype shipped out ? Thanks for your time

The BK29 want is still there nagging me. The new addition to our family put a bit of my (knife) buying on hold for a bit. With the 29 still hanging around a bit longer there's hope yet that I'll be able to get one especially with the 20 popping back up here and there!

What am I saying? I still need to take my 20 our for some proper use before I got buying any more steel!

image.jpg I first thought someone at the factory had been "hiding them," but when I checked the tip I noticed the grind was off slightly; I wonder if mine had initially failed to pass qc, then passed after re inspection. NOT COMPLAINING, I'm happy as hell I got the 3rd to last one, and for my purpose a few degrees short on one side at the tip is not a problem at all.

Back