Burnt Grizzly Cut Bone...WOW!

Thanks to Alfaholic's GEC post, I just had to have a Burnt Grizzly Cut Bone GEC. I found this Tidioute #73 2-blade Scout on the AugustMoon Cutlery website and just couldn't resist. Great customer service from Tom at AugustMoon by the way. Great fit and finish on this knife. I think it's even better than my stag #25 Jack. The springs are strong, but not nail busters (about 6 on a scale of 10). I love how the blade tang lines up with the front of the bolster when the knife is closed. Very nice touch!

MUST.... HAVE.......#23 PIONEER! I can't afford to hang out with you guys! ;)

BurnGrizzly1.jpg

BurnGrizzly2.jpg

BurnGrizzly3.jpg

BurnGrizzly4.jpg

No fair! Y'all do know that I still have to pay my property taxes, right?

Very nice! I really like the grizzly cut!

Burnt Grizzly Cut Bone.. Fancy name for Bone Stag.

GEC did a wonderful job on this handle process!. Very nicely torched and cut. And talk about your matching scales. Superb :thumbup:

Enjoy it.

Burnt Grizzly Cut Bone.. Fancy name for Bone Stag.

GEC did a wonderful job on this handle process!. Very nicely torched and cut. And talk about your matching scales. Superb :thumbup:

Enjoy it.

I believe GEC gave it a "fancy name" because they offer a different style of bone stag that looks more like actual stag. Grizzly Cut is a good descriptive name for it anyway as it really looks nothing like stag.

Thanks for all the compliments folks! I'm really enjoying this knife. It's slick and rustic all at the same time.

That in-house deep rough jigging is really unique. After being burnt it looks a little like a black bear with brown features. The only thing a little different is that on most the back of the slab is dyed black as well and makes it appear as if there is gap in places.

Definitely a whole different piece of bone that the CSB.

Mike Latham
CollectorKnives.Net

My thought was that the term "grizzly bone" referred to the bone looking like it had been scratched by grizzly claws- deep, sharp gouges. It's a rough, tough jigging pattern- kinda like a grizzly. I could be wrong. Whatever the reason for its nomenclature, it's a great look.

My thought was that the term "grizzly bone" referred to the bone looking like it had been scratched by grizzly claws- deep, sharp gouges.

That's what I was thinking when I first saw it online.

Makes sense to me.
grizzly-claws.jpg

Last edited:
My thought was that the term "grizzly bone" referred to the bone looking like it had been scratched by grizzly claws- deep, sharp gouges. It's a rough, tough jigging pattern- kinda like a grizzly. I could be wrong. Whatever the reason for its nomenclature, it's a great look.

Same here. It looks wonderful though! Thanks to this post, I searched around for one, but alas couldn't find one..

So I just bought a new Northfield Scout from Mike. Thanks for helping emptying my wallet Augustus! :D

So I just bought a new Northfield Scout from Mike. Thanks for helping emptying my wallet Augustus! :D

My pleasure!

I'll post pictures of my Pioneer when it arrives. Check for that post if you want to drop some more $$$.

The Scout pictured above was the only 2-blade non locking #73 knife in Grizzly Cut I was able to find online. I just happened to find AugustMoon shortly after they added a link on the GEC website, so I got first crack at it.

What handle material did you get on your Scout?

Last edited:
My pleasure!

I'll post pictures of my Pioneer when it arrives. Check for that post if you want to drop some more $$$.

The Scout pictured above was the only 2-blade non locking #73 knife in Grizzly Cut I was able to find online. I just happened to find AugustMoon shortly after they added a link on the GEC website, so I got first crack at it.

What handle material did you get on your Scout?

I ended up going with amber barnboard, with long-pull swedge cut blades. Tough choices out there. GEC has been putting out some real beauties. That Grizzly Bone is definitely something they need to put out more of! Congrats again on such a nice piece. :thumbup:

I ended up going with amber barnboard, with long-pull swedge cut blades. Tough choices out there. GEC has been putting out some real beauties. That Grizzly Bone is definitely something they need to put out more of! Congrats again on such a nice piece. :thumbup:

I was torn between the Amber Barnboard and the Burnt Bone Stag before I stumbled on the Grizzly. The Amber looks great. Hope you enjoy it!

I happen to be lucky enough to have one of these as well! I bought mine from Collectorskinves.net and believe I may have gotten the last one there; this was a couple months or so ago. It's funny my serial number is 07, yours looks to be 08. The coloring on mine looks very similar to yours. I tried to tell everyone how great they were but I don't have the means to take such nice pictures like you do.

This is my only knife that I just can't bring myself to use. I think its that "1 of 50" etch on the blade thats stopping me, plus the fact that Collectorskinves.net listed it as sold out right after I bought mine. Will you be using yours much? Or reserving it for light duty?

Back