Bushcraft Knife challenge - Interest?

Hey Bro,
I hope the wifey feels better for Xmas, and remember..this is supposed to be fun...no worries man.
Merry Christmas, and talk soon.

Tony's ok, the flu kicked my ass but I was on my feet today. However, the wife is now on her 2nd day of the flu. I haven't touched any of the knives this week. However, Marcelo and I have a few days off next week, so we should be knocking out the majority of the knives then. Big Mike has been rocking and rolling. The only thing slowing him down is Marcelo and I. I will get him more knives to test soon.
Rescue Riley's car crapped out on him, and he has yet to make it up to get any knives.

There are still a few late entries. The Bantang knife should be arrriving shortly.

Merry Christmas all!

I hope you and your wife start feeling better!

I had it last week, so I have an idea of how bad it can be.

Merry Christmas to all from me as well.

right on Tony.. i hope all you folks feel better soon...:) my older son just started coming down with the flu today.. he's bummed...

on another note.. you're going to love Ban's work...:D his knives are amazing and insanely sharp too.. :eek:

Tonym, I was in and out of the hospital for the last 45 days. If you will take a late entry I will get something in the mail no later that Tuesday. If that is too late, I understand and will make something for the next round! :)

...If you will take a late entry I will get something in the mail no later that Tuesday.

Mark, Merry Christmas, I hope you're feeling better.

I think Tony and Marcelo would agree with me when I say send it in. :thumbup:

All three of us are giving each knife a very thorough evaluation,

...it's not going as fast as we first imagined.

As testers we feel an obligation to the knifemakers to give every knife an equal evaluation,

...with such great maker support the number of knives is incredible.

So you have time, get that knife in ASAP.

I would be disapointed if your knife is not included in this epic showdown. :thumbup:

Big Mike

Last edited:
I am so sad that I missed out on finishing mine for this challenge! The knives look great (mine would have made them look even better- the ugly friend principle), and I can't wait to see the results. I'll post my knife when I get it done (in a year or so judging on how things have been lately). Good luck to all of you!

Update.

I think we are rolling through the knives now that the hollidays are over. The winter storm set Big Mike back a little do to the nature of his business, but he will be busting through 6 more knives this weekend. Marcelo and I are about done! I would say all the knives should be tested in about 2 weeks if we are lucky.
Rescue Riley has had allot of issues as of late, and has yet to touch a knife. So I am thinking it will be just Marcelo, Big Mike and I as testers. I would love to have John in on this as he is definately a guy that gets out and uses knives, but I guess he will have to go through life thinking Moras are the thing to beat..

Anyway, here are some pics since you hguys have been so good.

right on Tony... thanks for the pics...:thumbup: looks bloddy cold over there..:eek:

i am liking the looks of Ban's knife... his stuff is top notch and wicked sharp too..

Sweet shots Bro, those look fantastic!
Man, I hate to say this..but I really like the looks of Rick's knife:D
That thing is sweet..that Ban Tan looks awesome to! Overall, some really great knives to look at!
Sorry to hear about John picking his responsibilities over this contest...what the hell is he thinking??? Sorry I called you a slacker Tony, that jest was obviously misdirected!:p

Didn't know Ban entered....that is a sweet looking blade!

Yea he slipped in under the radar on us, I noticed the other day that someone mentioned that he had entered. He makes a clean blade for sure. This contest just gets bigger and better all the time. :thumbup:

Those all look great!! Nice work, Fellas.. Old man winter finally arrived here in Denver. Our first 6" of snow this year.. Mountains have gotten pounded, but we were dry.. it's about 15 out right now.. At least you are finding out which knives work well with gloved hands.. Not all bad..

yeah, Ban has the convex thing down.

Back