>>>Busse Basics special run for BFC Members! <<<

On a recent thread a few members mentioned they would like to see a Basic #9 in a black coated version insted of the standard polished finish.

Well Jerry listened and has made some just for you guys! We should get them in next week and we will offer them to the BFC members through the BFC Store so look for a post VERY soon giving you directions on how to order.

The price will be $219.95 and each will come with a BladeFroums.Com T-Shirt! Shipping will be fixed at $5.00

I have talked to Jerry and they make make this a option on the #9 depending on how well they sell. So if you want to see black #9's on a regular basis you may want to snap these up!

Dealers can call for special pricing for them as well on this special model.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Not trying to be stupid but does #9 mean it is nine inches? And is there any info on the net or pictures of these knives? I have heard a lot and $220 is a lot of money for me but I do want a really good fixed blade and I only want one that will double as a strong knife and a machette. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The #9 has a 9 inch blade.

More info can be found at www.busseknives.com

The Busse Black Combat Basic #9 Page is now up in the BladeForums.com Store as well, http://www.bladeforums.com/store/knives/

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

[This message has been edited by Spark (edited 11 September 1999).]

My mistake, so it does.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Factual query:

Your store has the RRP on the Busse Combat 9 as $258.95, but on the Busse web site it's listed at $204 - but there doesn't seem to be any way I can find of actually ordering one from any site. Am I missing something?

This offer looks like it will be the thing that tips me over the edge into a Busse purchase. I'm trying to hold off on ordering a little longer...

Kallisti

[This message has been edited by Kallisti (edited 11 September 1999).]

Anyone know what Busse means by "a modified version of ...INFI steel ?
Better ? Worse?

------------------
Brian W E
ICQ #21525343
Money : spend it before it's all gone

Mike

You guys are going to put a hurt on my bank account. Good thing that it is the #9 and not one of the smaller models. I can pass on this one for a while.

Unless there aren't that many around.

Dwight

But it's still tough as hell. The Combat Basic we used at the Blade Show was made of the "modified INFI" and that was incredibly tough.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

spark-
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I know they are super way tougher than crap...i just meant they aren't quite as good....but better than anything else out on the market besides the real bm

Lukers
Don't apologize for stating an opinion.
If we aren't honest, here.....we are wasting everybody's time.
I really wanted to know what Busse meant....no definitive answer, yet but I am waiting
smile.gif

one thing more.....I am definitely considering one. Just looking for encouragement

------------------
Brian W E
ICQ #21525343
Money : spend it before it's all gone

[This message has been edited by brian w edginton (edited 12 September 1999).]

C'mon Brian, order one! I just did! What good is credit if ya don't use it?
smile.gif
By the way, I'm a little confused. Is this knife a Battle Mistress and if not, what is?

Slavering with anticipation,

jeff

[This message has been edited by stray (edited 12 September 1999).]

A Battle Mistress is a custom built Busse knife with a slightly different blade geometry, tougher steel (though in this case it's like comparing semi sweet chocolate to milk chocolate, one's just a little bit different from the other, but they are both chocolate), and has a different handle configuration and materials.

The Combat Basic is basically what the name says: a basic combat grade working knife that can be used for many tasks. It's less expensive, but still an order of magnitude better than many of the current "combat" knives.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Hey spark-
I have been wondering. WOuld it be possible for me to cut the respairene c off the handle when i get it and put linen micarta on? It is just an idea...but i am curious if this could be done if a fella wanted to.
Thanks
luke

Once you owned it, I can't see how anyone could stop you, but it'd probably void the warranty (like you didn't know that).

I'd ask Busse about it, myself, but just FYI, it shouldn't be too hard to do. You'd just need to find a good way to fasten it to the tang without weakening it.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Thanks spark,
BUt would epoxy be strong and shock resistant enough just to glue the micarta right to the metal, or should cutlery screws but added?

Good question, I just can't answer it, I'm a user not a maker...
biggrin.gif

Maybe Jerry will be able to answer this, but it may be better suited for the Shop Talk Forum.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

I'm just going by the pictures, but isn't the handle molded around the tang, not fitted to the sides of a full slab? This would mean that the tang is maller than the handle, so fitting scales to it would not produce a similar grip. You might want to consider a Rabbett-tang (?) construction, where the handle is formed by two halves with a milled section to accomodate the tang. Another option I've had good luck with is to laminate three pieces - two scales and a central piece the same thickness as the tang. This lets you cut out the tang shape instead of milling it.

-Drew

Maybe we should take teh handle off and show it to you. Would that help?

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Back