Busse for general outdoor uses?

I love my MS, but prefer my Fox River as a general camper. A satin SAR5 form the exchange would fit the bill nicely as would a Game Warden. If you want a current production run blade, look to the ASH-1 (call the order in ASAP), or AD. If you insist on a thinner profile (as prying and digging are basic camp chores, I would not go this route), look to the Skinney ASH-1, or BAD.

Last edited:
Right now, today, you can find unusually thin (0.125") Active Duties on Scott Lunde's Busse Company Store site. He calls them "BADs." I might have a few ... and I like them very much for precisely the tasks you name.

So -- head for his site right now and pick one up. You will NOT be disappointed.

http://www.bussecompanystore.com/knives.htm
I agree, the BAD is a good choice, and is one of the thinnest Busse knives available. Another choice would be the Leaner Meaner Street with a .187" thick blade.

Gene

I agree, the BAD is a good choice, and is one of the thinnest Busse knives available. Another choice would be the Leaner Meaner Street with a .187" thick blade.

Gene

There was no .187 meaner that I know of.
The org Leaners were .150 saber . Then they had a few flat ground at .170 last year( and most all CS meaners are .170 now). All the newer coated sabers, like the miliganza's are .195
But I've been wrong before...plenty:p

Same progression's with AD...except no .125 Leaner yet.

The BAD's are to thin for camp chore's IMO. He want's thin but these have a severe blade taper from ricasso to tip...

A true LrMrS at .150 will be as hard or harder to find than an ABA at .150
The .170 can be found. And the .195's the most easy to find.

ABA= perfect knife :thumbup:

BTW- I just call the .170 to .195's Tweener Meaner Street's...TrMrS:p

There was no .187 meaner that I know of.
The org Leaners were .150 saber . Then they had a few flat ground at .170 last year( and most all CS meaners are .170 now). All the newer coated sabers, like the miliganza's are .195
But I've been wrong before...plenty:p

Same progression's with AD...except no .125 Leaner yet.

The BAD's are to thin for camp chore's IMO. He want's thin but these have a severe blade taper from ricasso to tip...

A true LrMrS at .150 will be as hard or harder to find than an ABA at .150
The .170 can be found. And the .195's the most easy to find.

ABA= perfect knife :thumbup:

BTW- I just call the .170 to .195's Tweener Meaner Street's...TrMrS:p
Thank you for all of the specs! I'm not sure what I was thinking about when I said .187", maybe the regular BA III.

Yes, the ABA is a nice knife. I was fortunate to get a DABA back when they first came out - I can't believe how much the price has shot up.:eek: That knife made me appreciate thin INFI.

I chose the Meaner Street for an all around knife for cuttin stuff around the campsite, including food prep. It has performed well. The MS is a great all around knife. It would serve well as a weapon and also makes a great steak knife. For a 4" fixed blade, it is my favorite. Here is an old pic. It now has a nice lanyard and custom sheath. I need to take new pics.

Busse-MS.jpg

Wow...
I saw alot of the different Busse's pictures, and the input of the users here has been so helpful. Time to watch the sales side and the upcoming knife shows to handle a few... Perhaps the Meaner Street...

Thank you!

Back