Busse Handle Shapes What Do You Like?

Busse Handle Shapes What Do You Like?

• Total voters
Which handle shapes does everyone like? Are some just better all around? Are some better for certain jobs? Does one hurt your hand when chopping?

Vote and comment! I stuck to mid/large blades with handle shapes that are iconic or have been used more then once (to my memory). Listed in no particular order. Please let me know if I forgot something. Feel free to vote for however many you like.

I can only put 10 on the survey so here are some honorable mentions that I would have included.

Huck (Huck/HuckFin)
Squatch (Sarsquatch)
Sar (Sar6/8)
Grudge? (HG55/Urban Grudge)
Argonne (Argonne Assault)

So far, the Ergo 2 and SF handles are my favorites for comfort, but I like them all and none of the others I've tried are far behind.

Did find that the Fusion handles work better for me after some some strategic hand sanding to round them out a bit more in a couple spots.

The DTBM handles are also awesome in hand after I gave them the full hand-shaped smooth finish. I guess they're essentially the Anniversary style.

Also, honorable mention for the Boom Parang, which overall is one helluva nice package... I could go on and on lol.

I couldn't really vote because I'm still new to all this. But my limited experiences so far are:

I like the SF handle a lot. It's a very good general shape with just enough ergonomics to index the knife and give firm purchase.

I'm feeling polarized with the Nano Fusion handle. I LOVE the way the CS NFs feel. Great ergos. However, I'm not a fan of the standard micarta/G10 milling. For me, there's too much contouring milled out, leading to uncomfortable hotspots for me. If the corners could be rounded off a little more, and less of the mill work done, I'd like it a lot more. I had thought about sanding it down more, which fixes the corners, but would leave the areas around the fastening tubes proud... I might try filling the low spots in with MarineTex or something... Who knows.

I am lucky enough to have the FMV14, and the handle is comfortable. Symmetrical and reversible. No hot spots; good flare at the butt for retention.

The TG are very good too. I like how they're slightly canted. The milling isn't as servere as on the NF, so it's usable for me. Overall shape is nice.

Finally got a coffin handle on a TR via grab bag. Feels good, but haven't used or spent any time with the blade or handle yet to form an opinion.

So far, not a "bad" handle design from Busse at all. Just some personal preferences. And the NF really is GREAT with the Custom Shop handles, but almost so uncomfortable to be unusable with the standard handles FOR ME.

I haven't found one yet that I haven't liked but one that stands out for me is the handle on the Bushwacker Mistress. It's very Fusion-ish but is more comfortable for me than the Fusions I've had.

Might be wrong, but I think that's also essentially the "straight"/Anniversary handle. Lots of variations on the texturing and pommel between the various models, but the Bushwacker, Anniversary BM, Battle Saw, DTBM, etc appear to share the same general shape.

I wear a large or medium <if it's large-ish> glove and I really like the nano-fusion...:thumbsup:

but my favorite is the triangular HG55/Grudge handle shapes...

take that shape and combine it with a nice forward guard, throw in a comfy choil and you are locked into handle heaven, imho :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

kSpaler.jpg

Which handle shapes does everyone like? Are some just better all around? Are some better for certain jobs? Does one hurt your hand when chopping?

Vote and comment! I stuck to mid/large blades with handle shapes that are iconic or have been used more then once (to my memory). Listed in no particular order. Please let me know if I forgot something. Feel free to vote for however many you like.

I can only put 10 on the survey so here are some honorable mentions that I would have included.

Huck (Huck/HuckFin)
Squatch (Sarsquatch)
Sar (Sar6/8)
Grudge? (HG55/Urban Grudge)
Argonne (Argonne Assault)

The Argonne Assault! And Argonne Attack!
I like the one I can have in Canada, But I like the other one way more!

Glad to see you left Res-C off the list. That would not have been fair. :thumbsup::cool::D

Res C and the ergos. Not on your list, but they’re my favorites.

Basic Resi C is my #1 for users but since that wasn't on the list I chose Anniversary since I love my SHBM, ASHBMs, Battle Saw, SHSHs, etc. Those will be the ones I keep forever

Oooooo... Yeah them res-c are bombastic.
That's pretty funny Will! :D
You guys nailed it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
My preference is the original shape Res C, like on the Basic 7/9 (and many others since then), and the newer texture is nice! :cool:

Might be wrong, but I think that's also essentially the "straight"/Anniversary handle. Lots of variations on the texturing and pommel between the various models, but the Bushwacker, Anniversary BM, Battle Saw, DTBM, etc appear to share the same general shape.
The Bushwacker seems far closer to a fusion than any of those to me. One thing I've always wondered is.....what two handles were combined to make the Fusion? Was it maybe the straight handle and the Bushwacker, or maybe the KZ2? I'm not familiar with the Busse timeline that far back. Anyone know which model wore the first fusion-ish, downward bending pommel?
20181205_120419_compress28.jpg

Last edited:
Back