Busse Modified ASH1

The finish was worn down some and since I had already modified it I went ahead and stripped it....then I got carried away. If I don’t sell it, I probably continue using it for outdoor activities. It’s way too shiny for combat. As far as the command....it was my BC and CSM that called in my whole COC and myself. I was told that the knife was too big and might scare someone (in Afghanistan). He then threatened to relieve us all of our positions and made a 3” or under rule. I kept it in my ruck.

WHAT THE WHAT!? When you said your command said it was too big I thought maybe the boys were just flicking you some stuff, but you really meant it. The word ASININE is an understatement, but that's all I can come up with at the moment.
When I deployed to Iraq back in aught 3, I carried a full size KA-BAR every step of the way and nobody said a word. And I wasn't the only one, my buddies did too. I suppose this is a product of that "kinder, gentler machine gun hand" Neil Young sang about. Of course that was years earlier, but I digress.
Glad you made back and I thank you for your service.
With regards to your knife, I say beat it the way Jerry intended.

My college roommate was in Iraq and while there the command made a rule that no sheath knives at all only folders

Sounds like a few pacifist slipped through en route to their Eagle scout badge. Berkeley alum maybe? Sure as hell didn't go through the school near where I lived in High School, VMI, those guys would eat a dead buzzard and give thanks for such amazing blessings. They also cried like babies humping those Virginia hills loaded with sandbags in 100 plus heat. when they went out to the bars, always in full dress, they got drunk just so they could get into fights so they could feel something LOLO! .... tough bastrds. I think those guys would give you an unwanted label if you showed up for inspection with a folder.

I chopped about halfway through, I tested the saw, stabbed and pried with the tip and lastly tested the edge on paper. I should’ve used an oak board instead of pine. I accidentally stabbed through the board into the concrete twice. It barely damaged the tip.

Back