Busse on Naked and Afraid XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
good catch...with that slightly dropped point, it almost looks like a NMSFNO to me...handle looks strange, may be the lighting, may be a CS variant.

Plunge doesn't look right to me for NMSFNO, however plus I don't see 2 rear pommel holes...I dunno...*stumped* :confused:

for that matter, that talon hole looks wonky too

could be a knock-off?

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts! It was tough to get a good shot of the knife. I'll keep watching and see if I can get a better screen grab. I googled the contestants to see if I could find any more info but no luck.

Hmmmmm hard to tell from that tv shot. Great catch though !! Check out knives from a contestant who started “extreme instinct” Survival stuff along with knives.

I think it's a knockoff. The ricasso is too high, and the choil looks too small. I guess it might be the angle, but those don't look right.

Thanks for the tip - I like some of these designs. Have you handled any of them? Any good?

I really know nothing about them. I did a search off the net looking for info in regards to this post. That was what I found that could be close to knife in pic. The bigger knives on that site have talon holes both lower and butt end.

Looks like a knock off, but I could be wrong. Busse's plunge lines almost always start halfway along the choil. Could be based on a FSH.

tumblr_oba8g3haiF1siuc9oo1_1280.jpg
That looks like my old GRex SH. Nice piece Congrats.

I remember seeing this back in the summer when it was airing fresh. From what I remember, it is an Original Busse Bushwacker Mistress.
That is what we (My Watch Group) figured it out to be. It is really hard to tell from provided pic, but pretty sure it is the BWM. You can get a much better view during the episodes.
Surfsidemel

I remember seeing this back in the summer when it was airing fresh. From what I remember, it is an Original Busse Bushwacker Mistress.
That is what we (My Watch Group) figured it out to be. It is really hard to tell from provided pic, but pretty sure it is the BWM. You can get a much better view during the episodes.
Surfsidemel
I'm pretty sure this is wrong. BWM didn't have the scallops on the top of the scales. Also, this is a fusion handle, you can see the point on the bottom end. Also, the BWM had a long, shallow clip shape, the spine on this knife is flat/straight until just before the tip.

Surfsidemel

Snip. Different blade profile.

Last edited:
stumbled across the knife in question I think on eBay this morning... a fake

If someone can screen shot and post the pic I think its it... PAKI STAN D2...

lobo9er lobo9er

I think you found it !!!

I tried posting the pic but no dice :-(

same wood grips, grind lines and shape. I was searching for a Tops Viking knife and another Busse knock off popped up, clicked to see the abomination and their other stuff for sale and BOOM lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back