Busse push knife

AriesTheCam

Gold Member
I want a Busse(kin) push dagger. Soooo bad.

Imo they're most THE MOST effective defensive/offensive knives money can buy.

1. You need little to zero training to use one effectively. You literally just have to punch (that makes them; effectively; the most powerful 1 handed stabbing weapon I can think of)

2. You can't take it out of someone's hands. Go ahead and try.

3. It's very difficult to cut YOURSELF with. It's unnatural to point the front of your fist at your own chest. Again.. try it.

4. It's one among the quickest knives to have at the ready.

5. They are (imo) the easiest knives to conceal.

There's a plethora of other reasons.

It makes the most sense to me.. I mean cmon dude. Didn't you basically make one of the best impact steels ever conceived?

This could very well be the best combat knife your combat knife company ever made imo.

Name another blade style more effective at puncturing than a long pointy push dagger. There might be one out there, but you'd be hard pressed to find it.

I swear one day I'll have this.. Even if I have to use an old infi knife as a blank.. then grind it up myself.

Preferably one that comes up through your pointer and middle finger. It is the most natural knuckles (and strongest knuckles) to use in an effective punch. This style.. but Busse'd out, and make it a true 2 bladed dagger specifically..

Maybe with some Res-C on it, corrugated bevels, and hybrid grind. It would match the OMG-15 and Dog Bootie. I hope one day this exists somewhere other than my brain. That would be ill af. https://warriorpoetsupplyco.com/push-dagger-shivworks/

Last edited:
Idk push daggers ride the line.

i had thought there was a old school push dagger somewhere in busse's history 🤔

calling push daggers 'the most THE MOST effective defensive/offensive knives money can buy' is bold too..

i like it

That would be a cool blade to see. I’ve never owned a push dagger, but you make some good points.
Why thank you good sir. I really have put considerable thought into this over the years of carrying knives on my person. I have several (blades that is,) most days.. for different tasks. I have probably owned near 15 ~ 20 push daggers over the years. I love them more and more as time goes on. Honestly can't think of a better weak hand weapon than a push dagger. No one will know you have it till they feel it. Also you can't put a price on having a weapon you can make distance with while you draw your gun with your strong hand.. especially one that basically no one can take from you without getting very very injured in the process. Think quick jabs to make room while your other hand is pulling your main weapon.
I think my TNT might rival your push dagger ;) and if that doesnt count as a knife.. ill grab the tallywhacker or regulator 💪
That's funny. You just named 3 of my 5 Sykco's. Love them all. I still think a push dagger is something you can't quite replace in function. I have tried with dozens of weapons. I do think you could get all three of those knives through body armor, but I honestly think it would be easier with a double sided dagger coming up between your pointer and middle finger.
Idk push daggers ride the line.
While I agree they're scary. That's kind of a selling point on a knife I only intend to take out if I feel my life is being threatened. Ya know? Well that and.... Busse COMBAT Knives. If anyone should be making push knives that are nigh unbreakable; it should be Jerry Busse; right? I personally would buy at least 2.
i had thought there was a old school push dagger somewhere in busse's history 🤔

calling push daggers 'the most THE MOST effective defensive/offensive knives money can buy' is bold too..

i like it
Ohhhhh please.. If this is true and anyone knows how I might procure one lolol. Honestly just knowing it's existed at some point would make me happy. It just seems like such a missed opportunity if not. Well that and them being my favorite style of knife bar none.

All in all I stand by my statement.. If I were being attacked. I would want a push dagger.

Why thank you good sir. I really have put considerable thought into this over the years of carrying knives on my person. I have several (blades that is,) most days.. for different tasks. I have probably owned near 15 ~ 20 push daggers over the years. I love them more and more as time goes on. Honestly can't think of a better weak hand weapon than a push dagger. No one will know you have it till they feel it. Also you can't put a price on having a weapon you can make distance with while you draw your gun with your strong hand.. especially one that basically no one can take from you without getting very very injured in the process. Think quick jabs to make room while your other hand is pulling your main weapon.

That's funny. You just named 3 of my 5 Sykco's. Love them all. I still think a push dagger is something you can't quite replace in function. I have tried with dozens of weapons. I do think you could get all three of those knives through body armor, but I honestly think it would be easier with a double sided dagger coming up between your pointer and middle finger.

While I agree they're scary. That's kind of a selling point on a knife I only intend to take out if I feel my life is being threatened. Ya know? Well that and.... Busse COMBAT Knives. If anyone should be making push knives that are nigh unbreakable; it should be Jerry Busse; right? I personally would buy at least 2.

Ohhhhh please.. If this is true and anyone knows how I might procure one lolol. Honestly just knowing it's existed at some point would make me happy. It just seems like such a missed opportunity if not. Well that and them being my favorite style of knife bar none.

All in all I stand by my statement.. If I were being attacked. I would want a push dagger.
For daily carry, I've always thought a push dagger would be a bit of a pain in conjunction with a pistol.

I'm planning on at least one triceratops to appendix carry in conjunction with my glock 19 with rmr and tlr-1-hl light.

But the T shape of a push dagger would be hard to hide there. I'm guessing you'd have it on week side hip?

I'm also terrible at carrying extra magazines. I need to start carrying at least one backup.

For daily carry, I've always thought a push dagger would be a bit of a pain in conjunction with a pistol.

I'm planning on at least one triceratops to appendix carry in conjunction with my glock 19 with rmr and tlr-1-hl light.

But the T shape of a push dagger would be hard to hide there. I'm guessing you'd have it on week side hip?

I'm also terrible at carrying extra magazines. I need to start carrying at least one backup.
Never know when the zombie apocalypse might pop off and you’ll be underarmed with only the one 15 round mag.😐

I’m all for being prepared but Sh!t. Day to day I carry a GP100 and if 6 .357s can’t do the job I’m running. Either that or pounding their ass with the empty (HEAVY) pistola. I’d only pack speedloaders if I was planning on stuff going really sideways.

You cant go on about stabbing and pulling guns.

You cant go on about stabbing and pulling guns.
I meant no harm man. I thought this was a thread about combat knives?? I said nothing vulgar, antagonistic, or remotely threatening. It's a fact that a push knife is a weapon. There's not many other uses for said blade style.

I can acknowledge why it was invented while still acknowledging it's illegal in a lot of places (not where i'm from).

We're talking about the guy who came up with the Argonne Assault.. I mean cmon. Be reasonable.

Last edited:
Blade Forums: The Leading Edge of Knife Discussions

Am I a jerk for bringing up a certain knifes purpose for existing?

If not for stabbing.. what pray tell is a push dagger for? Or for that matter; a trench knife?

The last part exactly. Left side hip. My third mag goes right next to it.
It actually is exactly like pulling an extra mag. So one would need to get pretty proficient at the motion of doing either of those two things.

Last edited:
In for one for sure... also an upgrade of the War Boar with CBT would be neat... maybe I should follow your footsteps and make a post asking for one 🤞
That sounds awesome!
Also, why not? Isn't what the name of the game is? Getting an idea of what your customers want?
I love hearing people's ideas for blades. I have a lot designs I've drawn up. I may make a forge now that I'm a fresh homeowner. I would love to put my name in the hat.
Knives are honestly the only thing I truly enjoy.

Last edited:
Never know when the zombie apocalypse might pop off and you’ll be underarmed with only the one 15 round mag.😐

I’m all for being prepared but Sh!t. Day to day I carry a GP100 and if 6 .357s can’t do the job I’m running. Either that or pounding their ass with the empty (HEAVY) pistola. I’d only pack speedloaders if I was planning on stuff going really sideways.
This man knows what's up. I would smash the zombies with ya
I used to have a GP100 back in the day. Love that grip, but man is that sob long lolol

This man knows what's up. I would smash the zombies with ya
I used to have a GP100 back in the day. Love that grip, but man is that sob long lolol
Mine ain’t. 3” compact.

1634368916026.jpeg

I’ve had many varieties - 3”, 4”, 6”, short lugs, full lugs, blued, stainless. The 3” shorty blaster is my favorite. I like it quite a bit.

Seriously.

image.jpg

I'm too lazy to run. Lol.

But I only pack an extra mag in Anchorage regularly.

I just want to carry an extra mag, because with adrenaline, stats show I am highly likely to unload into the first guy I shoot. Options are nice.

The last part exactly. Left side hip. My third mag goes right next to it.
It actually is exactly like pulling an extra mag. So one one need to get pretty proficient at the motion of doing either of those two things.
I could see my dumb ass in practice trying to put a knife in the gun. Lol.

But I like the concept. Be much easier to pull off in winter for sure.

Mine ain’t. 3” compact.

View attachment 1661293

I’ve had many varieties - 3”, 4”, 6”, short lugs, full lugs, blued, stainless. The 3” shorty blaster is my favorite. I like it quite a bit.

Seriously.

image.jpg
Honestly, I cannot diss a .357 at all. Love the caliber. Bit, I will confess I am fond of my smith & wesson 629. But that is a bit excessive to daily carry. It is for hunting and wheeling.

Back