• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

busse,strider or microtech

busse,strider or microtech-I am looking for a new knive fixed blade. I own microtech folders,cold steel trail master,masters of defence razorback and a few other odds and ends. Looking for aprox 6 or 7 in blade.

given that i own alot of each of these brands and i hands down say busse...... but that is just my opinion

Wow, a mall ninja cage match.;)
Hardly.
Strider = stainless
Microtech = D2, good high carbon steel, still a little brittle.
BUSSE = The toughest high carbon steel you can find in a knife WITH the corrosion resistance of a stainless steel, and great edge retention, at least as good as D2.
Is there really any comparison? (IMO.... not to the informed.)

Wow, a mall ninja cage match.;)
not sure how to take your comments.... all the brands mentioned are of good quality..... from my experience mall ninja types buy shit knives that look cool with lil knowlage of quality..... now had this been labeled tops, mod or cold steel.... well then i would have agreed with ya...

not sure how to take your comments.... all the brands mentioned are of good quality..... from my experience mall ninja types buy shit knives that look cool with lil knowlage of quality..... now had this been labeled tops, mod or cold steel.... well then i would have agreed with ya...
Valley.... I've got to disagree with you.... IMO... MOD is ever bit as respectable as microtech, in fact, I think more so, as they consult the best experts available in construction of their knives. I like TOPS knives too. A little hyped up, but they are tough too, and have some very solid designs. Cold Steel on the other hand is just Cold Steel, kind of.... :jerkit:

Valley.... I've got to disagree with you.... IMO... MOD is ever bit as respectable as microtech, in fact, I think more so, as they consult the best experts available in construction of their knives. I like TOPS knives too. A little hyped up, but they are tough too, and have some very solid designs. Cold Steel on the other hand is just Cold Steel, kind of.... :jerkit:
walkinman.... point taken..... mod just look toooooo coooool for my taste, they may be made well.... i just cant bear the look..... lol.... i was under some pressure to respond to this post quickly and had to come up with a few brands that my mall ninja employee mentions..... but he is being educated..... lol

If I was buying one of those three, it would be the Busse.

Microtech does not make a fixed blade of that size assuming that the filet knife does not count. Even if they did, I would still go with the Busse.

It seems generally excepted that busse makes some of the best fixed blade you can find.

Just funnin'

He could have said,

Vaporware versus
Wannabeware versus
JackBauerware. . . ,

and I'd have known exactly what he was askin' about is all.:p

What about Chris Reeves fixed blades , A2 tool steel , pretty industructible .

Chris

D. None of the above.......for the kind of cash that Strider wants for theirs, buy a forged custom in W2 or 52100 and a small bottle of oil and end up with the knife that you actually want or need.:thumbup: :D

i too would go with busse though strider does make some nice stuff.

MT really doesnt make many FB's, i dont know of any which would be big/beefy like a busse or a strider FWIW.

I would buy a Busse.:thumbup:

And a Strider.:D

And a Microtech.:D

I have MOD knives and TOPS knives, and I like them. Does that make me a mall ninja?:confused: Or does it get cancelled by the fact that I also have Busse knives:D

I think TOPS make some of the best quality knives out there....agreed 1095 is no match for INFI but they still take beating and come back for seconds !!!

Back