1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Busse Team Gemini LB vs. SR Ratweiler LE vs. Rodent 7

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Ptman2000, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Ethan_Hardy

Ethan_Hardy

Sep 10, 2011
    OP, my vote goes to the 711 because of the Res-C and weight. SR-101 1/4" thick and ~14oz!!!

Its one bad blade!
    [​IMG]

Yeah same. I am curious about the wait time. I am praying its because maybe they are re-thinking the thickness....I can hope can't I! Still getting it if its 3/16" though. Saber ground 3/16" is still pretty robust.

2. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    My guess is that blanks have been ordered and there was a whole lot of 'pretty enough' for LE run.

3. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Good choice with the TGLB. One sweet all-around knife!

4. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hmmmmm... I'm guessing, based on the blade length in comparison to the Ratmandu (?) that is the Fallkniven S1 in the middle. If that is the case, and that is the Ratmandu below it, I'm ecstatic that I ordered the Ratmandu as my first SRKW blade. It would appear to be the perfect size that I like. Can't wait to get the news that it has shipped! Man, this is taking SO long since they charged my card!

5. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob

Oct 16, 2013
    I hope it's .25 inches thick for the CG

6. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob

Oct 16, 2013
    I'm anxiously waiting for my Ratmandu CG also --- it's got an epic following

7. Ethan_Hardy

Ethan_Hardy

Sep 10, 2011
    Yup! Right you are, both are great in their own right. Fantastic blade the RMD. I have yet to hold a knife more comfortable. She's going to the spa soon to get her scales changed out. I'm going with Tan/Black G10 to go with my soon-to-be Ratwieler CG in Tan/Black (or maybe I should get a SYKCO 1111, decisions!!!). :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

8. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Niiiice. :thumbup:

9. paul'ie

paul'ie

Jun 6, 2012
    Say Heah Guys and Gals, Christmas in April just happened to me. Santa in his Brown Truck delivered my RatWeiler to me just a few hours ago. Initial inspection is simply tit's, beautiful. I ask Trissy to tell the guys to thin the edge down a little and I had no problem slicing today's add pages on the newspaper. My Swamp Rat Stable just grew by one.
    Although one of my Fav's Combo carry is my Rodent 7 and my Rodent 4, I like the size difference between the two and with choils it exponentially increased knife sizes just by carrying the two knives.

I also have a similar set of Busse Combat's, I have on order a Steel Heart Ergo and the Badger Attack Ergo that should be similar to my Fav's Set but in the INFI Steel.

I defenetly have to rearrange some of my Swampie sets, I use to pair the Rodent 9 with my RatManDu, but now I'm leaning more to adding it to my RatWeiler/Solution set, and pairing my Rodent 9 with my Rodent 5 and the Rodent 3.

Ofcourse the weight is a big consideration as it was mentioned. But when let's say I do go with the RatWeiler and the RatManDu, I would molle attach the RatWeiler on my backpack. Usually I like to carry the larger knife on person, because if I'm seperated from my pack, I'm stuck with the larger knife as the knife that's on me at the time.

I also changed knife carry over the year's. I started out as a 3knife carry, but today especially when I scout a new area out and look for fatwood. I carry a good belt knife like my modified Rodent 6 which I had the top gaurd taken off and I had it thinned down and now it look's like a beefy Ratmandu on steriods, I love that knife, it's less than a 1/4" thick now. But I might also wear a neck carry, a hatchet, and a saw, My Trio I find with the way the tools complement eachother, I find less use to carry a multi knife carry. To me I don't consider a saw and hatchet as a knife carry and besides the hatchet is molle carried and it depends which saw I take, I can carry a Bacho Laplander on person or molle attached, same with my Wicked Tough Saw, The larger ones like my Silky Bigboy 2000 or Bob's Buck Saw is defenetly molle attached.

But I'm also finding out that I can go with a large knife and make it my one tool option. I take a large lanyard pull it over my elbow to my bisep and hold it by the tip, I can do my fine work like clean small game or fish. The weight of the knife is then supported by the lanyard.

I could use my large knife, as a one tool carry as a option, is only because I do have a few knives. But if I was just starting off and didn't have knives in different sizes, I would go with a 5"-6" knife as mentioned before. I personally like a choil because for me, It's like having two knives in one. I never ran out of blade lenght because of a choil. But it defenetly helps me to choke up when I do my fine work.