Busses and Whisky

Keep in mind that if you like ardbeg as whole, then you will like the king of peated scotches. OCTOMORE.

If it has more peat than Lagavulin, it has too much peat. Because Lagavulin is the perfect Scotch. QED, and all that.

0C0yYMy.jpg

Just picked this up. Anyone tried it?

Ardbeg1.png

Edit: It's good !!!

Last edited:
OK, looking for any opinions on something - I've read a bunch of positive on a real inexpensive strain - Anyone have a thought on "Monkey Shoulder?" Seen a fair amount of praise but maybe they aren't Infi fans so their opinion might not be of a certain standard I'm looking for :D

OK, looking for any opinions on something - I've read a bunch of positive on a real inexpensive strain - Anyone have a thought on "Monkey Shoulder?" Seen a fair amount of praise but maybe they aren't Infi fans so their opinion might not be of a certain standard I'm looking for :D
I like the bottle ;).

My wife likes it and I don't think it's bad for the price. There are definitely whiskies I've had that are more expensive that I've enjoyed less.

So here's a novel idea based on my position - I need one of those weekend seminar things on Scotch drinking. One where you go through a training session and learn the nuances to understanding what one finds appealing. Like this Balvenie I picked up, there's some things going on in it I like and some I don't but I have no way of expressing exactly what they are - Piglets, you know how much work they are right? :D Thank you for your tolerance ;)

I had a friend suggest I try a brew called "Green Spot" ~ Any thoughts on this one?

Green spot and yellow spot are both good. Teeling is good as well. I personally love Redbreast 12 year Cask Strength.
Never had yellow spot or teeling, but I know the latter has won some awards.

Looks like my Islay distillery tour is going to be May of next year. Looking at booking a service that will take us around the island.

I am comparing grooves and drum as we speak and can't pick a favorite. They are both excellent and totally different. I was able to score two bottles of Drum CR.

Finally landed a bottle of Drum and got a night off to be able to taste it. As some bottles do, I think it needs some time to breathe for the flavors to settle out. Pretty high octane for the first dram.

Oops...had to retake the pic with a knife!

E2FB42A7-7E13-4054-AB52-67F8B7E80EBA.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A1EE169-9E5B-48E4-8E09-28EEF8A34B1F.jpeg
    0A1EE169-9E5B-48E4-8E09-28EEF8A34B1F.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back