Busses and Whisky

I found a bottle of Aberlour A’bunadh Batch 50 under the bar, but when I tried to pull the cork, the wood part came off, leaving the cork in the bottle. I tried a corkscrew, but it just pulled out cork crumbs. I tried a Durand corkscrew that I got for old Ports, but I ended up just pushing the cork into the bottle. I guess it's ruined now and I should just ship it off someplace for proper disposal. Such a shame.

I found a bottle of Aberlour A’bunadh Batch 50 under the bar, but when I tried to pull the cork, the wood part came off, leaving the cork in the bottle. I tried a corkscrew, but it just pulled out cork crumbs. I tried a Durand corkscrew that I got for old Ports, but I ended up just pushing the cork into the bottle. I guess it's ruined now and I should just ship it off someplace for proper disposal. Such a shame.
Cork is just extra fiber. Good for your diet

I didn't think Power's made it's way out there.
I have a bottle of Gold Label to start someday.
Nice, yeah we usually have it. Not sure we still do after the damn panic. They're saying it's a glass shortage or something.

My problem is, I have a hard time keeping the bottles full 😕 😀 👍

A'Bunadh is one of my favorites!
You can decant it into a separate container straining it through cheesecloth, coffee filter, colander, etc, to remove cork fragments. Then send me the full decanter for proper disposal.

The Whistler range is probably the best of Irish whiskey that’s available to walk in & buy for us in the Downunder.
I’m sure there would be some small importers who get the boutique style stuff into the country and sell it at a house loan deposit price point…

Back