Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low 80s projected for here, hopefully the rain will stay at bay, so we can get outdoors and do something!
I was just telling the wife that I'll be glad when the cooler weather sets in, so we can start hiking again.

I'm so tired of summer already. It's been extraordinarily humid here, insects are out in hoards, and working outside on some days, it's hotter than hell! I'm really looking forward to opening day of bow season, SEC football, and most all, backpacking and camping!
Preach it brother, preach it. I hear that. I'm not a summer fan at all. I don't do well in the heat. I'm thinking of getting a one man tent, and doing an overnighter in the snow. I think it would be fun. Or maybe just a tarp even.

On a different tune, we have flood warnings until 7pm tomorrow evening. I hope that rain hits us. We're in need of rain...

I don't mind the heat as much as I do the chiggers. My legs are tore up from working at a state forest all summer.

For me the key to hiking in the heat is to start as early as possible, that way you can somewhat acclimate as it gets hotter.

But I am definitely looking forward to the cool weather.

Preach it brother, preach it. I hear that. I'm not a summer fan at all. I don't do well in the heat. I'm thinking of getting a one man tent, and doing an overnighter in the snow. I think it would be fun. Or maybe just a tarp even.

On a different tune, we have flood warnings until 7pm tomorrow evening. I hope that rain hits us. We're in need of rain...

Have you ever camped in a hammock? I enjoy it, and you can make one yourself for not much money.

I'm hoping there is more snow this winter so I can give snow camping a shot. Last winter was too mild down here.

Also, congrats on the Modship.
But if you follow the pattern of other Becker mods, you will probably fall off the face of the interwebz and quit posting in a couple months.:D

I don't mind the heat as much as I do the chiggers. My legs are tore up from working at a state forest all summer.

For me the key to hiking in the heat is to start as early as possible, that way you can somewhat acclimate as it gets hotter.

But I am definitely looking forward to the cool weather.
Chiggers only seem to like me at the cabin. Had never had them in my entire life, until I started going there.

Have you ever camped in a hammock? I enjoy it, and you can make one yourself for not much money.

I'm hoping there is more snow this winter so I can give snow camping a shot. Last winter was too mild down here.

Also, congrats on the Modship.
But if you follow the pattern of other Becker mods, you will probably fall off the face of the interwebz and quit posting in a couple months.:D
I have not. Would like to though. And thanks man, appreciate. Nah, I'm going to be around for awhile...

Speaking of property last night, we had looked last week and found near 20 acres suppose to be lake front, prices are decent out here pending location but lake front.??... Something's up with that, maybe an easement spanning 2/3rds the property ??dunno...it was cheaper than acreage out in po-dunk...lol

In other news.... Just checked my email and got a note from the founder of Sharp Pebble whetstones they want me to review their stones,lol.... Im like what??? The first stone i ordered on the 16th still isn't in I have a stropping stone but its worthless without a profile stone....

Maybe they will send me a whole box of stones;-)

Been a long time since I've used a whetstone Im the last person they want to ask:p

Love spiders! They eat everything else that I hate.

Had this guy for a helper on a project awhile back. Not the greatest quality pics, an old iPhone, I think. I still think its cool though.

2E50MZu.jpg

i1wSBZs.jpg
They do a lot of good. I just don't like to be surprised by them. That's sure is a cute little guy :eek:

dont know how you do it daizee, longest ive been out at sea was 14days and i was almost institutionalized afterward....:)

edit: grammatical error

Last edited:
dont know how you do it daizee, longest ive been out at sea was 14days and i was almost institutionalized afterward....:)

*lol*

My first 3-month tour in 2001 must have broken me. (4 months in '02 very nearly did.)
Now I'm a day-tripper by comparison. :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't pick up on that.
Maybe I should run to the hills.
I'd run for your life....

Daizee you have been broken for sure... Never needed dramamine myself and have witnessed the sickness don't wish that on anyone.. Afterward does it take days to get over the movement?? seems the more the confined space ( like a shower) the more i rocked (on land)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back