1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cadet X

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by DocT, Feb 21, 2019.

1. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    We need a Cadet X Alox with scissors. I wrote to Victorinox about this. I hope others will do the same.

2. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Who is "We"? I sure don't need one.

Brawny likes this.
  3. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    I’d be happy if they offered a model that swapped the nail file for scissors

jmh33 likes this.
  4. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    That would work, also. However, I do sometimes find that file handy for all sorts of things: screws, prying, digging, filing, etc. Still, if scissors were there, I would gladly give it up. A Cadet X would give me all of the tools I actually use, and more.

Lee D and jackknife like this.
  5. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    You do, but you don't know it yet. Haha!

Lapedog and The Zieg like this.
  6. HWF

HWF

Apr 1, 2012
    This would be right up my alley!

7. hobnob

hobnob

Dec 18, 2009
    I'd be down for at least one. Yes I do need it.

HWF likes this.
  8. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    I find the nail file to be an excellent small Phillips driver, and sometimes awl for poking holes in not too hard material. But I would love a cadet with both nail file and scissors. Then I cold jettison the classic from key ring.

9. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Yep i seem to use the scissors as much as the Blade. And a toothpick is a must!

jmh33 likes this.
  10. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I'm not a nail file fan. I just haven't found it very useful. Scissors would be a great swap but I'd also be happy with an awl so the Cadet would be like a scaled down Pioneer.

Lee D and jackknife like this.
  11. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I think if the file is swapped for scissors it should just be called something else.
    Like Super Cadet lol.

12. Enkrig

Enkrig

Dec 17, 2015
    I agree -- I don't need one either. Somehow, I find 84mm-size SAKs to be a little to small for me. Thus, personally I'd go with a 91mm Pioneer X instead.

Still, DocT, if you want that and can get Victorinox to make it, more power to you!

13. supergnat

supergnat

Jun 27, 2015
    I totally agree. I have the Pioneer X, but it's too heavy. A 3-layer Cadet X would be much better.

jmh33 likes this.
  14. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    This is the SAK I want most. It would be perfect.

15. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Yes, it would be about right for most uses and daily carry. I could clear out those Classics from off my key chains and also not need a larger knife.

16. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Write to Victorinox and ask them for a Cadet X.

halden.doerge likes this.
  17. pfranze78

pfranze78

Aug 31, 2016
    That would be my dream knife! I carry a Classic Alox on my keychain for the purpose of having a pair of scissors. I would gladly buy a Cadet X and delete the Classic from my keychain setup.

Lee D likes this.
  18. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Yeah, this plus a zillion or two. A cadet with scissors and nail file would be soooo perfect an EDC knife for urban/suburban environments, it cold be that 'one' knife you could carry for most things you'll need in the course of your day. Even with just the scissors, it wild be a great suburban EDC.

19. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    A Cadet X and the OHO Trekker would IMO be the dynamic duo. The Cadet would be people friendly (in red of course, so it’s immediately identified as a SAK), and the Trekker for bigger jobs

*Just a thought, I blame it on all the coffee lol

20. pfranze78

pfranze78

Aug 31, 2016
    I get that totally. 9 times out of 10 I need a pair of scissors instead of a knife. I could do with a Cadet with scissors instead of the knife. I can't always take a SAK to work. But would it still be a Swiss Army "Knife"? ;)