Cadet X

We really need to lobby Victorinox about this. I was using my Cadet today and thinking that if it had scissors it would replace a whole lot of things in my pocket.

How can we get a petition going to lobby Victorinox about making a Cadet X?

I recently ordered a Pioneer Solo. I’m thinking its not a multitool is it? Lol. But with that minimalist attitude what about a 84mm or 93mm Alox with the normal blade and a pair of scissors? I mean a flat head screw driver really? There are a multitude of screw head sizes and 90% of them are other than flathead? (Phillips,allen,zerx,star)
Only thing i would add to the alox scales is a tooth pick and tweezers.

How can we get a petition going to lobby Victorinox about making a Cadet X?

I'll sign that in a heart beat.

If they keep the nail file and just add scissors option to the cadet, then that would phase out the need for both the classic and executive. I love the executive, but my one real complaint with it is, it has almost zero screw driving capability. That means a second tool for those real Phillips screws you run into that are too big to deal with using the executive nail file tip. A cadet X would make it really possible to walkout the door in the morning with just that one SAK in a pocket as my EDC.

Sign? Hell yeah, gimme the pen!

I emailed Vic again, adding some of your comments. I encourage you all to do the same thing. Only takes a second.

We need a Cadet X Alox with scissors. I wrote to Victorinox about this. I hope others will do the same.
...and a small Climber and Small Super Tinker. The same scissors could be used across the whole 84mm platform. I wish they'd make this happen, instead of just making countless special editions of Classics and Spartans and Swisschamp whose only different factor is the scales.

Agreed that the nail file is also handy.

I would like a cadet x. I may be wrong but didn't they use to have a 84mm w a blade, scissors and combo can/bottle opener. Similar to the compact but 84mm.

I wonder how long it takes them to respond to such ideas? To me, since they already have the knife and scissors and liners, it would be a simple thing to accomplish.

I would order one as a custom job if they had such a program.

I submitted another suggestion and I included a link to this thread. This time I got back a confirmation that they received my suggestion.

Back