Calling for a higher end Mini Mojo

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Artfully Martial, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Artfully Martial

Artfully Martial

Jun 8, 2005
    I love the mini mojo. It's a mini Spec Bump. But I need it to have at least 440C--and 440C is fine with me if that's what yall go for. But S30V wouldn't hurt either.

Thought I'd throw that out there now that we seem to have Kershaw's ear.

I mean, check out this knife.

[​IMG]

So Thomas, what do you got for us? Anything planned?

2. Richter

Richter

Oct 5, 2005
    I love that knife. I love all Ken Onion's knives though...

anyway i'd buy it.

3. wwells20

wwells20

Dec 31, 2004
    I ALMOST bought one two days ago. I would have been my second. (first was a gift) I did'nt because I couldn't justify a second one because of the 440a. If it had been even 440b, it would have come home with me. Just think if it were s30v!:D

4. Overlord

Overlord

Dec 27, 2003
    And it need a reversible clip for lefties!

5. Artfully Martial

Artfully Martial

Jun 8, 2005
    With some minor mods, I'm betting this could be the new big hit from Kershaw. I want it constantly, but just can't make myself pay ~60 for 440A.

We could even do it ala Bump....we could have this be like the new Speed bump, we could have a 154CM (just for example) mid grade Spec Mojo (please no black blade though...) and then a titanium S30V MoBumpJo. Maybe some slightly different handle designs, but I think this one is SPOT ON so don't change it too much. This knife is soooo perfect for its class except for the subpar steel...I'm not asking for much...I don't need a supersteel...just give us 440C and I will buy it the same day.

6. Thomas W

Thomas W Banned by Moderators Banned

Oct 11, 2005
    Art, you are getting my ear a ton as of late. I am on the road, and have been sick all week, so all I can do is play on BF while nursing myself back to health. It's nice there has been so much Kershaw threads to reply to.

Listen the Mini Mojo is a little under rated, and although I too wish the steel had an upgrade, as well as it being slightly larger, there are no plans for a performance Mini at this time.
    The "trigger safety" doesn't get the play it should, the Stud Lock either, but the MM is a sweet pattern that I'm happy you appreciate.

Thomas
    Kershaw Knives

7. Pocketknife

Pocketknife

Jul 27, 2005
    That "stud lock" is strange looking to me. And it looks quite exposed for an accidental release, not to mention susceptible to gunking up. I haven't had the chance to handle one, so can anyone give me their experienced opinion of this lock?

Thanks in advance!

8. palegreenhorse

palegreenhorse

Dec 9, 2005
    A titanium framelock MM with any of the following steels would have my $$$ very quickly.

CPM-S30V
    CPM-154CM
    D2
    VG-10

9. Thomas W

Oct 11, 2005
    pocketknife, as mentioned earlier today, I have edc'd a Stud Lock for the last half year or so. I use it daily with no "gunk" issues or accidental releases.

I noticed a recent Stud Lock passaround if you want first hand experience with one.

Thomas
    Kershaw Knives

10. Pocketknife

Pocketknife

Jul 27, 2005
    Sounds good, Thomas!

I really wish I could join a passaround, as well, but they are limited to the lower 48 states, and I'm at the 50th parallel!

Hopefully, I can find a local store here in SW British Columbia, to handle a few of the newer Kershaws, in person!

11. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Artfully Martial,

You are like a Cliff Stamp Lite, and no, I don't mean that as a compliment.

I would like to address a few issues with you, because you continually annoy myself, and some other members, who would dearly love for you to attain PT status, and you may someday, very soon.

1. How does any member who is as much of a newbie as you rack up over 1,000 posts in this short of a time?

2. In order to produce even "speed runs" as I think Sal Glesser of Spyderco calls them, you have to do like 500 pieces. Are you prepared to bankroll them yourself? You balk at a measly $60.00 for a single piece. You are employed in some way, are you not?

3. Per one of your other misguided posts, just because a knife company makes good working knives, and is popular, does not make them one of the "Big Two", Buck and Gerber produce more product and have higher bottom lines than Benchmade and Spyderco, and a biggie, that no one ever seems to mention that just got into the knife business is Leatherman. Do you have any idea how much product Leatherman produces?

4. This is a small sampling of the population at large that hangs out here, and for the most part, it is free. I mean, look at you, you are not even a paying member to support the BF Community. It is easy to ask for something that you have no intention of buying, I know, I have run a cutlery business in the past, and the tire kickers out populate the buyers by a ratio of about 10 to 1.

5. I know Thomas, just like I know Les, Sal, Chuck, CJ, Tim, Jeff and a whole bunch of other high mucky mucks in the cutlery field. I think Thomas posts here to show the commitment of Kershaw to the WHOLE cutlery community, and to get some feedback from motivated and passionate collectors and users. He comes here on his own personal time, and is a great reservoir of knowledge and experience in the field. Try not to abuse his dedication, and show some appreciation.

How many people hang out in General, where the knife savvy of the average attending individual is not necessarily called into question. If you tried some of the cunning stunts that you do here, in the Customs Forum, your ass would be handed to you on an S30V platter.

I am not trying to be a complete dick, just a partial one. Consider this a wake up call. You hold way too high an opinion of yourself, and would do all of us, and yourself a great service by occasionaly, and I mean, just every now and then, shutting the FU, and learning something for a change. You cannot learn and speak at the same time. No one can.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

12. robertmegar

robertmegar Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005

Actually I agreed with most of what Art said... I don't see the fault. Anyhow take it somewhere else, you are hijacking this thread.

Robert

13. Kohai999

Jul 15, 2003
    Yup, yer right, I am, and did highjack the thread. Do you own any Kershaw knives? Which ones? Would you lay out $120.00 clams for the above mentioned knife if that is what it came to cost?

If yes, you have a valid point. If no.....

Tough donuts!:p

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

14. robertmegar

robertmegar Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Let's see.... I see 4 BUMP and one SpyKer in the picture I took just for you :foot: ;) :foot: ;) :foot:

[​IMG]

So now I guess you should STFU!

15. Kohai999

Jul 15, 2003
    Yer posting from jerzee devil? Did you swipe that pic from the site?

As I said, if you own some Kershaw, you may and do have a point.

But so do I, I made it, and I am done, I return you to your normally scheduled programming.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

16. hardheart

hardheart

Sep 19, 2001
    use the damned ignore feature and leave the flaming off the forums

17. Thomas W

Oct 11, 2005
    Well, well Steven, you have always been one for a grand entrance, and here is another fine example.

After sifting thru your multiple points, I believe there was a compliment in there about me. Thanks. You are correct that I do use my personal time to share knowledge about a company I believe in so deeply about. If that shows to even a few, my time here will not be wasted.

Even though you self admitted highjacked this thread for some personal commentary/agenda (some of which I found out loud funny), I have to say to everyone that Steven is a personal friend of mine of whom I value his friendship, a lot. Although he has one of the sharpest tongues around, he is a very loyal individual that has the keenest knife eye's I have ever known. Proceed with caution if you decide on a little tit for tat w/Kohai999. You have been warned.

Now Steven, it's time to go back and play in your beloved Custom arena.

Thomas
    Kershaw Knives

18. Artfully Martial

Artfully Martial

Jun 8, 2005
    We'll put it to a vote: who wants me to go?

19. Pocketknife

Pocketknife

Jul 27, 2005
    Wow. That's gotta be the rudest post I've read in a long time, on this or other forums, in response to a post that was not in the least bit offensive. All Artfully Martial was doing was wishing for his dream knife, for crips sake! And, since when was it considered worthy to trash somebody simply over the amount he contributes to a forum, regardless of how long he has been here, or as you put it derogatorily, a "newbie"?

Did someone piss in your cereal this morning, STeven? Have a fight with your partner? Didn't get the Christmas present you wanted? A frustrated, wannabe moderator?

STeven, you owe Artfully Martial an apology. And a look in a mirror to try to find a bit of self-honour, my friend.

Artfully Martial, I have enjoyed, and learned from, your posts, in the time I've been here....carry on, please!

20. Kohai999

Jul 15, 2003
    I don't want you to go. Sometimes you make some really valid observations, and that is appreciated.

But, a lot of the time, you come off as a big know-it-all, and frankly, that is not very martial, or artful of you.

Sometimes, I can be a huge pud, sometimes, more often, I am like sand, I just sit there, and get moved by the environment.

You have things to offer, but much to learn. I can tell you from personal experience, that if Thomas tires, of what could potentially be a torrent of unnecessary and unrealistic requests and comments, that he will simply fade out of participating on the Forums.

I have encouraged him for two years to bring his insights and observations to the BFC, and I would like him to stay active.

I hope, with this explanation, that I will have made myself clear, and will not have to revisit this topic.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson