Camillus factory on fire!

It's a sad story it closed down, it's even worse that's it bursting in flames.. :/:thumbdn:

I'm a firefighter myself that looks like its gonna be a pita and purely defensive. Really sucks to see.

There is a lot of blood, sweat & tears burning with the oiled wood!

CamillusFire3_zps63f8898e.jpg

Camillusburns2_zpsa53accdc.jpg

Camillusburns1_zps8e4e74cb.jpg

I heard that the workers went on strike and that is the reason the company closed it doors. is that true?? I really enjoyed there knifes that I bought.

Last edited:
To the guys who walked the floors, sad day to see the place you labored with craftsmanship and pride close and now burn. I can only say look at it as a viking funeral....300Bucks

To the guys who walked the floors, sad day to see the place you labored with craftsmanship and pride close and now burn. I can only say look at it as a viking funeral....300Bucks

Certainly more dignified than the wrecking ball!

The guy in the office next to mine is a volunteer firefighter for the Camillus FD. We listened to the events unfold on the scanner throughout our work day. Actually the flames were knocked down early but couldn't be extinguished completely. Years of machine oil soaked into hardwoods don't make the job any easier. My colleague suited up at the end of our work day and headed over to relieve his fellow firefighters. I know for sure he carried a Camillus 903 Sierra lockback or a Camillus Sizzler to the scene. Hopefully he and his fellow emergency workers will return home tonight, or tomorrow, to their family unscathed.

Phil,
It was still burning as of midnight last night,you have a idea of where I live and the smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife.:) so far there has been no major injurys Thank God

BIG JACK

A sad day indeed....

I want to thank you for that info on what happened to them. I got told a bunch of lies. I really am sorry to see them gone because I really enjoyed there knifes.

My condolences to all of you who have so many memories made inside the old factory. You guys are the engine that made that building the place that it represented. We will always have the knives to remind us.

I just read another post here and somebody is making the Camillus knife again. does anyone know who owns the name?? where they are being made at please???

I just read another post here and somebody is making the Camillus knife again. does anyone know who owns the name?? where they are being made at please???

Acme United Corporation bought the rights. I don't think they actually make knives, but contract others to make them under the Camillus branding.

I want to thank you for that info on what happened to them. I got told a bunch of lies. I really am sorry to see them gone because I really enjoyed there knifes.

There was a lot of rumor and finger pointing going on. Some still persists. As you might guess, there was no one single cause, but a lot of contributing factors. My own opinion, take it for what it is worth, was the same chief cause which saw the sister company, Imperial Schrade close in 2004. The Baer brothers were gone and with them, the good business sense developed over many years that caused both companies to thrive and adapt to changing markets. And not coincidentally, their recognition that it was the workers whose skills and dedication made the busineses profitable and sucessful. Just my own opinion based upon my research of the companies and the men and women who built them.

Back