• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

can I get a second opinion here?

I seem to be having a small problem with a transaction here and I just wanted to get a second opinion. On October 25th, I agreed to purchase a knife posted here and sent the paypal payment that day. After about a week went by, I e-mailed to find out when to expect it and the seller had gotten busy and didn't ship yet. After another week went by, same thing. Well, we agreed that they would refund my money. After another week went by, the seller said that they must have messed up the paypal refund and they would send a refund via a money order. This was on the 16th, and it was being sent Priority and should have arrived last Friday. Nothing has shown up yet and no further e-mails.

What do you think?

If your going to buy or sell items via this, or any, forum you need to be prepared to complete your part of the deal.
That means prompt payment, shipping, and communication.

To the individual in question GET IT DONE!

Kevin Davis

well, I don't think I'm getting screwed, because this is someone who posts here regularly. but it is starting to feel a little funny. just wondering if it was just me being paranoid.

Billman said:
well, I don't think I'm getting screwed, because this is someone who posts here regularly. but it is starting to feel a little funny. just wondering if it was just me being paranoid.

Unfortunate as it may be or sound. . . .just because they post here regularly doesn't mean that they are capable of completing their end of a transaction.

One blooper or blunder in a transaction, while a PITA, can be overlooked if a reasonable excuse is given.

Paranoid ? Sounds to me like you're getting the run-around (to put it nicely) and at this point. . . .inexcusable (again, putting it nicely) !

Wish you luck on getting your money back. :)

If the person keeps jerking you around, this is an excellent place to tell us who you're dealing with. . . .so others may be forewarned. ;)

Billman said:

There is no excuse for that kind of action.When you take someones money for a transaction you had better have an excelent reason for not shipping the knife.I would be extremely pissed.
Larry

You can also sent him a PM (private message) via this site. Send him a note about your concerns and a link to this thread.
Maybe he just needs a kick in the pants..

That kinda crap pisses me off almost as bad as people who post stuff for sale then only check on their item once a week. If you don't have time to do the deal get the phuck off the forum. This is no place for half assed game players.

I think you can ask them for money order number - if they really bought it they surely have the slip (with number on it). Then use the toll-free number to verify whether the number is genuine (= money order hasn'tbeen cashed yet). If they lied you'll know for sure. If they didn't lie, give them some more time. If they don't respond with money order for some reason and come up with excuse tell them that mail takes X days to arrive from them to you and it's been X+Y days by now which makes you wonder why it hasn't shown up yet. Get their phone # and sort it out directly, it's much faster than e-mail. If they evade your answer inform them that their lack of response/activity leaves you no alternative but to file mail fraud charges (consult your lawyer on the issue).

Paypal cannot refund, I thought they have a means for re-couping your payment? :confused:
I know if can be pain to deal with, however I believe Paypal is better then in the past.
I sympathise, if this "good member " has 2000 postings and you say something bad, their friends maybe will jump on you saying you must have ticked him off or else he wouldn't do that to you, ect. Still if you dont get a responsible reply then you should post their name here because it is your right and it is appropriate thing to do.
Martin

After 30 days with you not getting your knife I would like to know who it is so I can aviod them.

I've always tried to use Paypal - not because I thought they would refund a bad deal, but because I figured my credit card company would back me up. Have I been wrong all this time? I never even thought about them not being able to get payment back from paypal.

well, I'd like to at least give it one more day and see if I get a response from the seller before I post their name

Hey..........that sounds like me! Schools been out since Tuesday and I've not checked my email. I will. But I sent the m.o. out on 11-16-04. I just assumed it had gotten there. If it has not then we need to do something. I'll check my end but not really sure how I can since I did not do a confirm I have no number to check up on. If you'll give it till the first of the coming week ........I know the mail is busy with holiday shipping........Ito see if it has arrived, and if not then I guess I'll have to do a second one. Sorry on all the mixup as it was not intentional.

Art,
Don't mean to hijack this thread, did you get a chance to send out the BM420? I now know why you haven't replied to my email.
Regards,
Kai

Yep Kai, it went out on Wednesday! Thanks again. Wil, yours also went out on Wednesday.

Nothing in today's mail, so I'd say it's lost. Do you want to send another m.o., or try the paypal refund? Just let me know.

Back