Can't get my CGBJ sharp

LVC, you are obviously using a wicked edge or other controlled angle jig system (18 and 24 deg), what do you use? Your edge is beautiful...very nice. Personally, I've evolved into using power tools for everything except my Japanese kitchen knives or other thin and or delicate knives...which I still do by hand.

My girlfriends father gave me an amazing christmas present in the form of an edgepro Pro model. I gave my apex model to her sisters husband with a basic set of stones. He also had a disk of corian from one of the various construction sites he works on that was about to get thrown out, which is an awesome suction platform, and cool sleeping plate for the cats during summer. It's a great system, but it can be a bit innacurate when qouting angles on a convex knife because you don't actually have a clearly defined surface on the knife to rest flat on the table when sharpening. It would be more accurate if it had a clamping device for convex grinds, but even without it it's highly repeatable.

This is an excellent post about the accuracy of the system:
http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/794815/

It essentially acts as a sine plate, with 1 degree of accuracy per mm of rise on the swivel post. But only if you keep your stones flat, you can verify a flat surface on the knife, and you keep your table clean/undamaged.

P1140103.jpg

I bought a cheap aluminum rc helicopter blade case and glued everything together so it was sturdier, and customized it for the edgepro.
P1140099.jpg

Back