cant wait for the yojimbo 2

If you don't mind me asking, who did you pre-order from? I'm very excited about this knife as well. I'm not really into the knife for it's intended SD purpose but I love the utility of the Wharncliffe blade and the compression lock is awesome too.

I've never held a Yojimbo but I can tell the ergonomics are nice and comfy.

Hopefully they're gonna do some fancy sprints with this one. Perhaps peel-ply CF and S90V?

i pre ordered from gpknives.com for a lil over $100.00 i've held a yojimbo the old model and its ergos are nice. from the youtube vid with michael janich holding the yojimbo 2 it looks even more comfy to hold in the hand.

haha i was just about to make this same thread. I dont really subscribe to self defense knives. I figure if it is good at cutting everything them ppl are included in that list.

but i love wharncliffs! favorite blade shape by far. especially when it has a gentle angle to the point

My wife had a chance to hold the yojimbo 2 at a military and law enforcement trade show recently and she said it's a winner, so I pre-ordered one from KC as soon as it went up on their website.

I think we need a picture:

spyderco_amsterdammeet2011_prototype_yojimbo2.jpg

I'd like to see Mr. Janich demonstrate this release on one of his pork loin dummies.

is it just me or does anyone think it looks sort of like a sword that was cut or broken in battle? I have a feeling when i get it i will feel like im a samurai :grin:

I love the 4 way clip, shorter handle, & curve to the spine of the blade. These reasons plus the refinements to the compression lock since the first one are going to make the Yojimbo 2 a winner. :cool:

Not soon enough!

Spyderco doesn't release firm dates because unforeseen logistic things can pop up and set a projected date back by years or more in some cases (or move something closer by months).

We'll hear about it when it's on its way to dealers. Then the feeding frenzy will begin. :D

I recently ordered the Be Wharned from Blackhawk and will order the Spyderco when it's available as well. It will be interesting to compare and contrast the two blades.

From what I've read on GP's site they expect the Spydie in October so it's still a bit of a wait.

Back