cant wait for the yojimbo 2

Wow, I've sworn off buying knives for a while, but I think this one is gonna pull me back in! Great materials, great ergos, thin and sexy :)

I just pre-ordered it as well. Really looking forward to this one. It did say October 31 as the in stock date.

Last edited:
October you say. Sounds like I know what to tell the wifey to buy me for my birthday.

Actually I emailed Spyderco trying to get some info and they said now,"hopefully by the end of 2011"

So take that as you will

Will this one be USA-made? Any updates? I haven't been this excited about a knife in years.

Looks like it's got a better blade-to-handle ratio than the first. I'll definitely get one.

I like "Made." That's past-tense. Hoping it means "Have been made - expect an email from your dealer soon" and not "will be made - sit tight," but happy either way.

I missed out on the first one.I'm not missing this one.Looks like a helluva slicer.....just wish they kept the mid-lock.

[youtube]1BZYPPDApj0[/youtube]

I got one on preorder with one of the "usual suspects" (=trusted online dealers). Will get another one once they start shipping too; and this is big for me, as I never owned TWO of the same knife. That says how much I am looking forward to the Yojimbo 2!

been checking my dealer daily for his preorder to start, i've been wanting one badly since i first heard about it!

Oh I thought the first one had a mid-lock.Must've been confusing it with something else.

Last word from Mike off the official Spyderco forums was:

"Our U.S. production scheduling is very dynamic--especially in response to military orders and large-scale orders from federal agencies. Those dynamics bumped the production of the Yo2 from the Sep-Oct window to the Oct-Nov window."

So, hopefully not too much longer to wait! I will definitely be buying one of these and - if it fits my hand as well as I think it will - I will be buying more.

I know it's a SD knife at heart, but I really want one of these in S90V. I love wharncliffe blades.

The pre-order price is a little over a hundred bucks - is that less than the retail is going to be? It seems pretty cheap for an S30V knife from Golden.

Back