Carbon fiber - Kevlar sheath

Now you need to shoot it, to see if it stops bullets. :)
It looks like you will need more pliable kevlar or a way to stuff it more in before you put epoxy?
Looking forward to seeing it post clean up.
I added / right / another drawing as I imagine a metal mold .Two M10 or M12 bolts will make it possible Fredy ,they can produce tons of pressure on that small surface.
Now the only problem is that I will need that ballistic vest when I tell my friend what I want from him .....:D
xNknDQg.png

One part of my friend shop .............Lot of CNC , laser fibers , water jets ...
k3LkRjh.jpg

I love this EDM wire ......one day if he did not kill me , I will make folder knife on that
TGC4fi3.jpg

I added / right / another drawing as I imagine a metal mold .Two M10 or M12 bolts will make it possible Fredy ,they can produce tons of pressure on that small surface.
Now the only problem is that I will need that ballistic vest when I tell my friend what I want from him .....:D
xNknDQg.png

One part of my friend shop .............Lot of CNC , laser fibers , water jets ...
k3LkRjh.jpg

I love this EDM wire ......one day if he did not kill me , I will make folder knife on that
TGC4fi3.jpg
I dont mean to put enough pressure afterwards, but to be able to insert enough kevlar to not have voids before you close the mould, if it makes any sense.

I dont mean to put enough pressure afterwards, but to be able to insert enough kevlar to not have voids before you close the mould, if it makes any sense.
That was problem with this wood mold . In new one mold, that to call it push rod /blue part/ would be in shape of end of handle /same shape would be that part of mold where it slides , with tight tolerance / and would have visible mark so I can know when it *touch * end of handle . And that cavity in mold where it slides would allow extra amount of Kevlar out side of handle cavity which I can press down in handle to avoid voids . If it is clear what I mean? It will work for sure , in same way i make scales , problem is to make that mold now . I survived that Covid **** now I must face my friend ;)

Last edited:
I like it , and I think that I have new fishing buddy :) Some strand from first carbon fiber i fill in handle must stuck to wall of mold so less Kevlar is visible ,if transition line is clean there should be 1/3 Kevlar. Never mind I like it as it is , just one void maybe 2mm from bottom side of handle and several dots ...... Next one just little carbon on front and butt of handle so i can finish that parts with sanding , rest pure Kevlar . I will leave it to cure another one day this one and then I will finish front and back side ...
When i think about that I think that i will make one more , just little pure carbon on front and back and rest mix of carbon and kevlar .....carbon/kevlar burl :)

TERB9Yi.jpg

E7hcvNc.jpg

fBRuBRi.jpg

This one is simple oval shape handle .I used waterline pipe which was one inch Dia . , it is stiff and don t deform under pressure and leave nice satin finish on carbon which i like . Now I am thinking , if I cut taper channel in wood and push hot waterline pipe line inside i will get more pleasant shape of handle ? Something like this ? Also I can use other type of hose if i want shine surface handle , but what is point of doing that ? With use of knife that will gone fast ?

6rGXfnc.jpg

bxwE7LX.jpg

I sand piece of wood in shape of pipe to use it as piston for final press of carbon in handle
M7VZemG.jpg

I sand back side of handle ...can t wait šŸ¤£
tZtikd9.jpg

Done ! I add about 5mm carbon in front of handle , I don t liked that long ricasso šŸ¤£ Now I will make another one with much more mixed carbon/kevlar , just about 5mm in front and rear pure carbon so i can clean/sand that parts of handle.I think i need new long pushing rod/piston with open slot inside for tang .That way I will be sure that i have small amount of pure carbon in front of handle .
To bad that I don t know how to take good picture so you can see how in reality look handle .I like it !

9XZZePw.jpg

8xzzMvb.jpg

OQrRARw.jpg

hCi9Bym.jpg

qLRfY5R.jpg

I forget to cut little tang ,as it is now it is almost to end of handle and balance is about one inch on handle ....total weight 110 grams , steel is 2 or 2.2mm thick M35 HSS , blade is 11.5 and handle is 11 centimeters long
Iefvm9K.jpg

0wMcmeI.jpg

xIDXDur.jpg

KzJY7Ec.jpg

6wmlvPS.jpg

Last edited:
On that subject.

Why do people make sheaths out of high grade materials?

I can understand leather. And better leather being better.

But I would have thought a softer cheaper plastic would actually be nicer on the knife.

Back