Carbon fiber or micarta Sebenza - Which would you choose?

My hand is large enough that I need a large Sebbie, and I'm very comfortable in the "sweet spot" of its weight, which falls just short of five ounces. I somehow feel that I like the solid feel of that weight, and am not anxious about a knife that weighs much less. I guess I'm just not used to anything that light. And I do love the feel of carbon fiber, such as the Chaparral and the Gayle Bradley. And yes, the Chaparral is very light, and I have one to "gift" but I don't carry anything lighter than my large plain-Jane Sebbie. Just a matter of opinion.
sonnydaze

How did you polish and wax your CF Sebenza? Im gonna buy one and might wanna do that to mine :)

I used headlight lens restorer to remove the oxide layer and give it a polished sheen. After I used Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0 to put a protective wax coating on it. :)

Personally, I prefer a large with micarta and a small with carbon fiber.
I like the way the micarta makes the handle on a large feel a little wider, but I don't like that feeling on a small.
I like the lightweight feel of a small, and the carbon fiber makes it even lighter.
Or... you could go with the absolute ultimate and get a small Insingo, send it to the factory to get silver hardware, then get a custom G-10 scale for grippiness!!
photo3_zps96932db3.jpg

I also love the Large Micara Sebenza. Problem is, it's just too heavy for me to lug around the office all day. Worse still, a knife that large is guaranteed to scare the sheeple.

I generally carry EDCs with overall lengths of around 7" and weights of 3 ounces or less. The Small CF fits into my EDC mix quite nicely.

I have some VERY good advice. CRK originally put out a 50 run series of Carbon Fiber 21s. 50 large and 50 small. I owned one of the numbered larges and the c.f. on them was of very high quality. Much higher than the production counterparts. IF you can find a C.F. from this first 50 knife run. BUY IT. It is a lot shinier and a lot more grippy. I have held both and almost could not believe the difference. I saw one that might still be for sale here or on USN, or it might have been the Bay. But it was a small.
If you can't find one of those go Micarta all the way. It gives the knife incredible grip and feels great in the hand. Plus, it gives the knife a very nice patina over time. I would look hard for one of these initial 50 as they are individually numbered and I just saw one on one of the 3 mentioned avenues. Those are way ahead of the production models. Can't even compare in my mind. But you will be happy either way that you go, however, if you can score one of the 50 original c.f.s you will have a great piece. Take care.

Back