"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I always have felt this place was the best sub forum on the 'net, but now I really know it. Having a half a dozen giveaways running at one time is so cool!!!

I don't know of anyother forums with this kind of generous behavior.

Bunch of great folks here at the 'folksy' place!

Carl.

Edited by Blues to add the following to JK's post:

Please read this post for further information regarding this thread...Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess this place is okay...but hopefully someone will actually start talking about some knives soon! ;)

:cool::thumbup:

Since it such a "wonderful place in the neighborhood". Did Mr. Rogers ever pull out a pocketknife on the show or just a blunt scissors sort of place....not real world if not.

I'm not a forum give-away sort, I generally give all my extras to kids, if they are decent field knives....BSA first priority...but I salute all who are GAing.
CH/300

Yes,the generous G-A's as of recent are really cool.Hats off to all of ya',it is a great forum , with great people.

Knifetalk..Got a stag L.C. soon to be finished by Brent Cramer,I'm very excited about it :)
-Vince

Yes,the generous G-A's as of recent are really cool.Hats off to all of ya',it is a great forum , with great people.

Knifetalk..Got a stag L.C. soon to be finished by Brent Cramer,I'm very excited about it :)
-Vince

Give that man a cigar! :thumbup:

It's a very cool place......the way it "used" to be when folks looked out for each other!

I know I've personally learned a lot from the folks here and the generosity never ceases to amaze me....not only with the awesome giveaways...but just the kindness in general.

You folks had some good up-bringin'.

JackKnife,

Quit kissing up, this will not increase your chances of winning squat:D

Seriously though, its good to hear I'm not wasting my time here and judging by your post count this place really is a place to lurk and learn, I'm a novice but someday may have something to contribute:eek:

Rob

Those of us who love traditional knives, I also like to believe that they love old ways. Not so busy, not so shallow ways... Time when knife was every man's tool. In old time people stopped to look around and smell the flowers, while enjoying the little things. To me traditional knives symbol this.

And traditional patterns are also beautiful knives to behold.

Well, I guess this place is okay...but hopefully someone will actually start talking about some knives soon! ;)

I stumbled upon a little stag handle fixed blade by Gene Shadley a while ago. Everyone has seen Gene's slip joints but he also turns out a nice little fixed blade. A couple of Texas Hill Country gentleman are tweaking it a little. Paul Long of Kerrville, TX made a new sheath for it and it is currently in the hands of Terry Theis of Harper, TX who is doing some of his hammer and chisel engraving on the bolster. Should have back soon. I'll post a picture or two when it comes home.

(knife talk :D)

I believe there is a higher standard of manners and friendliness in Trad Town that exceeds even the other subforums here. Check out some of the bickering and berating that some folks get into and you'll come running back here in a hurry.

I stumbled upon a little stag handle fixed blade by Gene Shadley a while ago. Everyone has seen Gene's slip joints but he also turns out a nice little fixed blade. A couple of Texas Hill Country gentleman are tweaking it a little. Paul Long of Kerrville, TX made a new sheath for it and it is currently in the hands of Terry Theis of Harper, TX who is doing some of his hammer and chisel engraving on the bolster. Should have back soon. I'll post a picture or two when it comes home.

(knife talk :D)

PartagasLucy.gif

Okay...I'll leave these on the counter so those of you who do in fact carry on the tradition can light up (while the smoking lamp is lit). :thumbup:

PartagasLucy.gif

Okay...I'll leave these on the counter so those of you who do in fact carry on the tradition can light up (while the smoking lamp is lit). :thumbup:

I'll be requiring some scotch also.
I mean, as long as we are indulging.

Off to don the velvet smoking jacket......

I'll be requiring some scotch also.
I mean, as long as we are indulging.

Off to don the velvet smoking jacket......

I'll have to run out and pick some up. I'm more of a bourbon drinker when I indulge. But I'm willing to accommodate. :cool:

This place is like my childhood neighborhood when neighbors brought a lawn chair over and sat in the front yard just "visiting".

Fast forward a few years and the damn automatic garage doors ruined everything! All you see is an SUV pull in the driveway the door goes up then down and that's the last you see of your neighbor until the next day. :eek:

I was just "talking" with Gus about the idea of using this thread (since it reflects the community spirit of this forum) as a sort of catch-all thread for what would normally be off-topic discussion.

This will allow us to go outside of our normal area of discussion without cluttering up the forum page with off-topic threads.

So, we'll try this for a while and if it works successfully we'll keep it open permanently (or at least the foreseeable future). If it gets too far out of hand we may have to go back to moving such threads to the appropriate forums.

As always, (I know it doesn't need too much emphasis), please keep the tradition of the forum and our community in mind with your posts. (In other words, nothing you wouldn't want your own family to view.)

Okay, light up a cigar, pour a beverage of your choice and let's hear it...The lounge is open and nobody cares about closing time...:cool:

Last edited:
Back