"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Any Cognac fans out there

There is some Remy VSOP and a glass on the table over there.

The first recorded robbery by Frank James, Jesse's big brother. That scoundrel took Mitchell's pocket knife. :D

The Liberty, Missouri Tribune, a pro-Union newspaper, carried the following item:
“Three Southern Gentlemen In Search Of Their Rights-On the morning of the 6 th of August, Frank James with two other companions, stopped David Mitchell, on his road to Leavenworth, about 6 miles west of Liberty, and took from him $1.25, his pocket knife, and a pass he had from the Provost Marshal to cross the plains.

The first recorded robbery by Frank James, Jesse's big brother. That scoundrel took Mitchell's pocket knife. :D

The Liberty, Missouri Tribune, a pro-Union newspaper, carried the following item:
“Three Southern Gentlemen In Search Of Their Rights-On the morning of the 6 th of August, Frank James with two other companions, stopped David Mitchell, on his road to Leavenworth, about 6 miles west of Liberty, and took from him $1.25, his pocket knife, and a pass he had from the Provost Marshal to cross the plains.

jesseFrankMO.jpg

String 'em up!!! You don't mess with a man's knife! :eek:

Any Cognac fans out there

The only time I had some, I thought it a little raw. But it's entirely possable I had cheap stuff. I don't know it I would know the good stuff if it bit me. On a blue collar budget I stick to Even Williams and beer. But I will admit I have a fondness for Captain Morgan's rum. On a chilly night, Karen and I will warm up some cider, and have a nice big mug of 2/3ds cider and 1/3 of the captians Rum. Makes a nice warm toddy for a cold night.

But I will admit I have a fondness for Captain Morgan's rum. On a chilly night, Karen and I will warm up some cider, and have a nice big mug of 2/3ds cider and 1/3 of the captain's Rum. Makes a nice warm toddy for a cold night.

mugsize3_800w.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: So that's your secret... ;)

I dont know about anyone out there other than Carl, but it is so hot out this year. Building a fence with my dad while home on summer vacation. Got a sunburn, that hasn't happened in a while. But I did get to use my Case 6392 to open alot of bags :)

This might be the right time & place to announce,then... This late Spring,my Son Ryan made Eagle Scout.Passed his Regents & all classes this year,his 11th.

Also,this year,while alotta you knife nuts I know,were at Blade,I was at the Relay For Life event.One of the Chiefs of the Greenport NY Fire house,got me on the side to tell me my wife passed her tests,hands on & written ( after 911,standardized)& is now a full fledged volunteer firefighter.

I'll raise a glass & say I'm real pleased & proud,of both of them
-Vince

Hi,

A hearty congratulations to your family on their accomplishments! Making Eagle Scout is very often a sign of a young man headed for greater things. And tell your Wife from me, as one Fireman to another, Be Safe out there and have fun!!

Dale

Wish, this were more than a "Virtual" Lounge.

It was good weekend with family, friends, swimming with the kids and a little fishing, Traditional knives used were a Northwoods Gunstock, a Case Moose, and a GEC Big Jack.

Still and all, it would be nice to settle in with a few friends, two fingers of bourbon with a splash of water, a Cuesta Rey #47 and maybe a good wittling block and a sharp traditional slip joint.

I made the mistake of accepting a taste of Kelt XO at a friend's house one night. It is without doubt the finest tasting liquor I have ever had, and I've had plenty.
But at $150+ a bottle, I now stick to good whiskey for about 1/3 the money, even though the memory of the Kelt haunts me.

Never tried 18 year old Glenlivet, though. Maybe if Bastid was to move a few of those goats, I could reach it! :D

Been many years since I drank or smoked, but in all honesty, Cubans suck. Up here, you can buy'em at 7/11 if you want, or the good ones at Thomas Hinds Tobacconist if you want to spend the large $$$. That's where I send American tourists who ask, and they do ask. But back to my point, the Cuban's are too strong and earthy for me, and I was a pack and a half a day smoker, the premium Dominican's were a finer smoke for my money. But smoking related deaths ended the lives of half my grandparents and almost my Mom's life when I was a boy, so I stick with gum now. Cheers.

I, too, quit smoking long ago. But back in the 70's it was hard to beat a $2 cigar from Nicaragua, but of course that was pretty expensive back then.

Tonight my girlfriend and I of three and a half years ended it. It was the hardest thing of my life. It just wasnt working out for us. We knew it and tried to go on, but I didn't want to end up as one of those couples who hate each other. We are still friends and decided we aren't going to just shut each other out. Its just a hard time. But to keep this knife related I did have an 8OT in my hand when we talked and whatnot. Sort of as a worry stone.

I'm sorry I just needed to vent and I consider ya'll my friends. Have a good night everyone.

Sorry things didn't work out between you and your girlfriend. Don't worry though. The time you two spent together must have been full of good times. Just remember those and things will be alright.

Just keep telling yourself why it had to end, when things end we have a tendency to only look at the good times...get busy, keep busy, concentrate on these fantastic knives in here, and read through threads that you have only just flicked through.
Soon you will meet a awesome person, and then you will see why this was worth going through...so look at it as a beginning to a new thing.
Buy some knives man, and look forward to them arriving :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that. Its never easy..
That just means that someone even better is waiting.

Sorry to hear that, but it is better to end a failing relationship than continue a bad one. Good luck!

You may feel sick now but after a short while it will feel like a great weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. It did for me anyway.

Time for male bonding, get the boys round and watch some manly DVD's where the use of traditional knives is mandatory. Remind your wingmen that you are on the rebound and could make some strange choices in women in the next few weeks.

Tam

Back