"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I think I have no problem with the new forumware. One thing I particularly like about it is the way unread notifications are shaded darker than read notifications, so there's no need to count.
I can't count without tying knots in a cord.

@knarfeng...a couple of pages back in the forum knife thread...wait on...challenge accepted..🤔
#3,116....

I linked back to the page....sooo technically not to the video itself....classic meako on full stupidity mode....

And who rememembers ariels made from a coathanger bent into an arrow shspe or map of Australia?
Your video cracked me up, Jon!

The update is a lot faster :thumbsup:

I'm not finding that, particularly today, pages have been loading more slowly than I've ever seen before, and the site appeared to be down at one point. I'm hoping it'll settle down eventually :thumbsup:

I'm not finding that, particularly today, pages have been loading more slowly than I've ever seen before, and the site appeared to be down at one point. I'm hoping it'll settle down eventually :thumbsup:
I‘ve seen both since the start of the updated version. But during the last days there where times when I just left the forum because loading took far too long to make it any fun to visit. On the other hand it’s to be expected that after the launch of the update additional adjustments are necessary which will have an impact on the time it takes to load.

At least this morning it seems to be going faster. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I‘ve seen both since the start of the updated version. But during the last days there where times when I just left the forum because loading took far too long to make it any fun to visit. On the other hand it’s to be expected that after the launch of the update additional adjustments are necessary which will have an impact on the time it takes to load.

At least this morning it seems to be going faster. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Yes, I hope it is just temporary. I'm on a different time-frame to most posters, which may be a factor in my recent experiences. Things seem OK, so far, today 🤞 :thumbsup:

I used to do that with the old format - give up due to slow loading. Haven't had to do that with the new format yet. I think it helps if folks keep the size of the pics down.

I’m still having loading issues at times, but with my service at home, I’m pretty sure it’s the service and not the software. I do like the update overall.👍

I’m still having loading issues at times, but with my service at home, I’m pretty sure it’s the service and not the software. I do like the update overall.👍
That's what I used to think - it was my service. Now I'm not so sure. I've got DSL.

I tried checking in from my phone earlier, about 2 1/2 hours ago, and the site appeared to be down briefly.

Yesterday it ran a little slow for me, but still faster than previously on the old format. Today it is good.

I've never noticed issues with lack of speed before or after the upgrade, but my expectations are quite modest. :rolleyes:
I certainly have not noticed the increase in speed several members have mentioned since the upgrade.

- GT

They seem to have the new forum stuff pretty well sorted out and I'm enjoying it... except the giant "quoted" pictures and the floating emojis.
I used to click on people’s profiles by mistake all the time, not checking people out at all. Now if you get an angry emoji from me, or any emoji for that matter, it’s by mistake . Also using a compress picture app now for iPhone pics.

My issues are all id 10 T errors.

I went to Costco yesterday, and got a double dose of soul-flattering unction.
On the way in, the gatekeeper asked me if I was here for senior hour, like she didn't believe it. On the way out, the other gatekeeper said, "Did she talk to you about senior hours?" I may have looked confused (that never happens) because her anaphor had no antecedent. So she explained it to me.
Anyway, I told her my age, she apologized, I said I love it when that happens, and she said,'You don't look more than twenty". Which would have been a third dose of flattering unction, except the way she patted my arm said, "Run along now, dear, and enjoy your dotage somewhere else".

I used to click on people’s profiles by mistake all the time, not checking people out at all. Now if you get an angry emoji from me, or any emoji for that matter, it’s by mistake . Also using a compress picture app now for iPhone pics.

My issues are all id 10 T errors.
It’s like the IT guy at work says: “The problem appears to be somewhere between the chair and the keyboard” 😄

Back