1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Carothers? What's the big deal?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Zubaroo, Jul 20, 2019.

1. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Odog27, Murphjd25, Zubaroo and 3 others like this.
  2. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Odog27, Murphjd25, Zubaroo and 3 others like this.
  3. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Is there a website with pricing on Crothers knives? Are all the knives sold through the exchange?

Odog27 and Zubaroo like this.
  4. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Through the exchange or preorder on the forum

Odog27 likes this.
  5. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    I hear ya, but I have no idea of pricing. Is there pricing posted?

Odog27 likes this.
  6. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    The pricing is posted in every sales thread started by Nathan:thumbsup:

Odog27, trevitrace and unwisefool like this.
  7. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    I will have to spend some time and dig around on their forum. But this generally is not my style in terms of buying. But I will try to keep an open mind.

Odog27 and DudeManBro like this.
  8. Twindog

Twindog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Zubaroo and Odog27 like this.
  9. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    You may be interested to know there is a Kephart on the white board for later this year (possibly).

As far as buying, Nathan has done a lot to alleviate the mad scrambles. Those usually happen on a newer pattern where there are only 10 (or 1) available. So for ex, he started offering ~40 at a time on the FK2 until demand was met and keyboard ninja skills were not required to land one. Also, when he offers a new pattern, he'll put the locked thread up on the Carothers subforum hours before it opens so you have time to see the options, specs and pricing before deciding to buy. (The general "Fixed Blades for Sale" postings don't post ahead of time, but they are established patterns by that time.)

Just thought I'd share that as there seems to be a perception that it's hard to get a CPK knife. It really isn't.

Zubaroo, Odog27 and 22-rimfire like this.
  10. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Gorgeous blades that I've always admired. I don't really have a use for anything other than the EDC or EDC2 and would like to own an example of either some day.

Zubaroo and Odog27 like this.
  11. ridnovir

ridnovir Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I will echo everyone else - great company, exceptional knives :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Zubaroo, Nystagmus, woodysone and 5 others like this.
  12. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    IMG_1989.JPG

I like to baton mine during demo/renovations
    I abuse it with scraping, cutting, impact, prying etc.
    This tool is as tough as nails (maybe tougher) it's doubtful many blades could hang with this heat treat