Carson model 4?

dennis,
mine is 420v. IMHO its very good quality steel.
when i got it it was a razor. ive used it,so its not as sharp any more,but its still pretty damn sharp. slices through most anythign like butter.
you may have to strop it occasionally (i havent) to keep the razor edge,but its good stuff,if you ask me.

Mark my words, gentlemen; 15 years from now the Large 4 will be used to define the genre.

JMHO
smile.gif

-Michael

------------------
Chefget's Knife Page
Cook?
RecipePack Recipe and Kitchen Management software

I have a small Model 4 on the way from AZCK. It has carbon fiber handles and a 420V blade. I can't wait! I am getting this one to be an everyday user. This is my first Carson.
BTW- I like the red jigged bone handles...Ed.

It's going to be a two year wait for my Model 4 from Kit. It should be worth the wait to get the folder with the clip point, BG42, & white paper micarata scales. Stay healthy Kit!

Fedex delivered my Carson Model 4.

WOW!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What a folder. Fit and finish are perfect. And I mean perfect. I can't find any imperfections. It opens smooth as silk and locks up rock solid. I can't tell you all how much I am impressed with it.

It is also one big honkin folder. If I could only have one folder to go with me into the unknown this would be it.

I am also very glad that I ended up with a clip point. It seems like the clip point model 4 is very versatile. The blade shape could handle everything from heavy duty cutting to the most delicate of chores.

All I can really say is, I am impressed.

Now it is time to start saving for a small model 4.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dennis Bible

....Almost here, The Leading Edge....
http://www.theleadingedgeonline.com

While it's not an M4, UPS delivered my Carson M16 today. WOW!. It is my 3rd carson, (2 folders and a damascus F4) and the quality still blows me away. The M4 I carry daily is a wonderful knife. It takes anything you throw at it and begs for more. Solid lock up every time. I'm sure it won't mind sharing pocket time with my M16 and future Carson folder purchases
biggrin.gif

Dennis,
Congrats on your purchase! Kit's folders are my favorite EDCs. You will never be dissapointed with his knives
smile.gif

i have sent weeks ago an email to kit.but i didn't got an answer. i am very interested on the #4 large/dp. i want to know, if it is possible to get a left hand version, in stellite, with carbone scales and how much does it cost.
greetings from germany
matthias

Matthias,
I sent Mr. Carson a email a couple days ago and haven't heard from him. I'm trying to purchase my 1st Carson. Maybe you should try and email him again. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Chip (edited 06-20-2001).]

You have to be patient with Kit on replying. From own experience on placing an order with him, it took him a few days to reply. Kit is probably busy grinding knives. Expect a two year wait.

kit is in alaska right now.
he should be back at the end of the month,i believe.
as for e-mails,i cant say. he's been extremely busy. blade had him working constantly,and i think hes at a show now.

give him some time.
-mo.

I received my small Model 4 this morning. This is my first Carson knife, so other than all the great feedback I have read here, I did not know what to expect. This knife has carbon fiber scales and a 3" 420V blade. Fit and finish are outstanding. The blade rests centered in the closed position and the detent is right on the money. The liner engages perfectly to the left. The knife feels great in the hand with no apparent hot spots. I know my description seems like what one would expect in any custom knife, but I have encountered some customs that were not at this level of proper fit. I am going to be carrying this knife daily and am eager to see how this steel performs. I appreciate all the good information that everyone posts on these forums. It has helped me to make informed and much better buying decisions than I ever made on my own in the past. Thanks...Ed.

[This message has been edited by Ed Gordon (edited 06-26-2001).]

This is my new Carson Model 4. It's a large Hunter with D-2 Blade and green micarta scales.
View

I got it from Vince at Bladeart. If any of you are interested in a Carson you might want to contact him, I think he might have some others in stock. As others have pointed out, fit and finish were flawless.
ARROW

[This message has been edited by ARROW (edited 06-21-2001).]

You guys are going to be the DEATH of me!!
biggrin.gif
I read this post, and of course, I fall in love. Long story short: I emailed Kit with an order for a large False Edge, satin finish, green micarta scales. At least, if the 2 year wait is true, I'll have some time to get the money together.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by See2 (edited 06-21-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shootist16:

Now the real question..... to carry or not to carry?
</font>

Man, I carry all three of mine! That's why I bought them... to carry, use, and enjoy them since I actually can carry them multiple days per week! (unlike fixed blades, which are rarely carried by me, just when banging around outdoors).

Kit's stuff is built for real use, great lockup, practical designs, good heat treat... just gotta bite the bullet and carry and use and enjoy, IMHO.

Don't worry, there are at least a few guys like me around would buy one used (but not ab-used) from you.

Or you could ask (pay!) Kit to recondition it for you just had to sell it for some reason.

[This message has been edited by rdangerer (edited 06-21-2001).]

Back