• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Case, Frontier, & others: NEW PRICE DROPS 10/22/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my knives for sale (or possibly trade):

U.S. made:

I have a couple of Case knives for sale. I had wanted these for years, and finally had a chance to check them out, but after having them for a while, I'm just not that excited about them any more. Great knives in great condition, but I have other interests right now.

Case #6394SS Gunboat [$70.00] SOLD LNIB, with tissue wrap and brochure. 4-1/4" closed. Jigged red bone scales with the Case script shield. It hasn't been used as far as I know, but it's been looked at quite a bit. ;)

Case #TB6539 Five-blade Sowbelly [$60.00] SOLD No box, collector tin. 3-13/16" closed. New, never used as far as I know, looked at a little bit. Comes in a collector's tin that may or may not clean up. I almost tossed the tin, but I'll send it if the buyer wants it. (I'll go ahead and cover the extra shipping.) Great knife, but the Sowbelly pattern just doesn't excite me.

Case five-blade Sowbelly is 3-13/16" closed, Gunboat is 4-1/4" closed.
Knivesforsaleortrade10-7-2011008.jpg

Trade possibilities:
- Boker Carver's Congress.
- Canal Street Swell Center Jack or Serpentine Stockman with reclaimed chestnut scales.
- Case #3265CV two-blade Folding Hunter.
- GEC Calf Roper, Tidioute Castro, or Tidioute Congress in "Dead Skunk" or "Tortoise Shell" acrylic.
- Queen Cattle King/Large Stockman, or Congress, in D2 blade steel.

Imports:

Rough Rider #(?) MOP (standard) Congress SOLD/TRADED No box. Similar to the RR #592, but with standard square bolsters and no file work. It took me a while to find this one; I don't care for the fancy #592. Now that I have a Rough Rider large MOP Stockman, I don't have a need to keep this one. This one has some nice MOP, good snap on the blades, but the large pen blade sits low, and you have to open the small pen blade to get to the nail slot for the large pen.

Steel Warrior #108RWJ large Trapper WITHDRAWN No box. To be honest, this is an outstanding example of this brand. Nicely finished, tight all around, red jigged bone scales. Very strong springs, I'd say at least 7-8 on a scale of 10. The only issue was that the blades sat a little bit proud when open, so I ground down the back of each blade where it meets the spring. This one is a great user.

Sabre brand (Japan) small Trapper (Peanut?) WITHDRAWN No box. Another (itty-bitty) one from the 1970's. This one's in really good shape for it's age. Approx. 2-7/8" closed, clip & pen blades, synthetic pearlescent scales with no cracks, good snap open & closed, half stops :)confused:). Technically, I guess this one is a Peanut, but the front bolster is squared like a Trapper, so that's what I'm sticking with.

Knivesforsaleortrade10-7-2011006.jpg

Terms:

- First "I'll take it" here in this thread gets it.
- Payment by USPS/MO only, or if we've had business before, I might take a personal check.
- I'll work a little discount if you buy multiple knives, since it'll save on shipping anyway.

~Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back