Case Mini FINN – Opinions?

Afishhunter, you are correct about the date code dates, but the A or B in the model number tang stamp, i.e. F48B, is not a date code. The date code was always separate from the model number stamp. Notice this L66 below, with the date code H (1984) stamped below the rest of the tang stamp, by itself.

D9Vu8Mq.jpg
Thanks.
Your L66 (and especially the sheath) look to be in much better condition than mine.

When I left The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia in 1980, I gave away the L66 I'd bought earlier that year.
I know it is unlikely, and it really doesn't matter, but I like to think the one I have now is the same one I had back then.
(I bought this one at a pawnshoppe in Idaho.)

Not in this case.

The A&B in this case just denotes the model, the 48A is the larger of the two and the B smaller.

^This makes more sense to me. :thumbsup:

My 'L48A', as it's stamped on the brass guard, was given to me in early '70s. No date code marks on it, otherwise. Just 'WESTERN' over 'U.S.A.' on the tang. As I understand it, that dates mine within the 1961-1977 time frame.

Last edited:
Mine must be the L48A, as it looks exactly like all the pics of that model when I goobered it. It was called the "narrow hunter"...

I have kabar version,steel is pretty good and not hard to sharpen,got it on clearance for 15dol,use it as paring knife sometimes,not bad knife at all.

Back