Case Mini Trapper Giveaway - Winner Selected!

I'm lucky to in finding a good community here in BF.
I have a lot of fun, found some new friends, I have more knife knowledge and I made some good deals.
BF and their members helped me in having burning this passion that I have since I was a child.

I'd like to giveaway this little neat knife, it's a Case Mini Trapper in Antique Jigged Bone, complete with its papers and card box.
that has only a flaw... I lost the shield :foot:
I used it, but never abused it and except for the shield that I'm not able to find any where (probably some in the US can...) it has a great pull, sharp edge and it's really beautiful, especially live and not from my crappy pics.

mini_trapper_02_zps645902c3.jpg

mini_trapper_01_zps05bba3dc.jpg

To be in this giveaway I just ask to write something about italian traditional knives, in a honest and polite way if you want.
What you know, have, what you prefer, what do you like to have, what you'd like to know about, whatever, even a couple of words.
Or just to say I'm in.
Pictures are more than welcome.
And please if you win USE IT! If you don't will to use it please make another give away and pass it to another BF fellas. :)

On monday 1st December 13:00 HRS Rome time I will choose at random the winner based on the post #.
To the winner I ask only one think in addition to really enjoy this tiny knife: to send me a postcard.

I love postcards and any kind of old fashioned mail.:p

Enjoy if you want!

Hello this is the result from Random.org
Image2014120314144114_zps03564aa5.jpg

Winner you have PM!

PS: I'm crazy for Resolza and Pattadese in old plain carbon steel. So hard to find today!;)

Last edited:
I'm in. There are a lot of great traditional Italian designs but by far my favorite is the Rasolino. Easy open and trims a cigar!! And if you pick me, you'll get a postcard from NYC. 👍
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416495752.044891.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I'll put myself in, too, for my daughter. Don't know if this will meet your requirements, Mostho, but I joined this forum for knowledge on a very traditional blade - the scythe. And it's you Italians who make the amazing Falci scythes. I'm sure Falci makes more worthy blades beyond the scythe, but here my knowledge ends. :eek:

Not an entry, but thanks for sponsoring this GAW, mostho! :thumbup: That's a very attractive knife you're offering; I like the contrast of the orange jigging against the white bone, and a wharncliffe blade always appeals to me!

I have to admit the only thing I know about Italian traditional knives is what I've learned from jackknife's posts about his Resolza. Eventually I'd like to know more about a variety of "international" knives. I recently received a Japanese higonokami from Parke1, and find it fascinating. I have a French Opinel #6 that I enjoy using almost every day; it really slices well, watching the patina develop has been very interesting to me, and I've learned some tricks from forum members about how to deal with and minimize handle-swelling issues. In about a month, I plan to visit my daughter in Spain and hope to pick up some sort of Spanish traditional knife while I'm there. I hope to someday pick up some kind of German traditional folder, a British knife, maybe a Dutch knife if there is such a thing (some of my grandparents immigrated to the US from the Netherlands). As I learn more about "knives from around the world", I'm sure my list will grow!

Thanks again for running this give-away, mostho, and good luck to all the entrants.

- GT

Okay, I'll put myself in, too, for my daughter. Don't know if this will meet your requirements, Mostho, but I joined this forum for knowledge on a very traditional blade - the scythe. And it's you Italians who make the amazing Falci scythes. I'm sure Falci makes more worthy blades beyond the scythe, but here my knowledge ends.

In italian, "falce" means scythe. A great word play.

That's enough mate, no prob!
If you win just remember about a postcard!
:cool:

I don't have any italian knives but my italian grandfather gave me this one long ago. I am in Grazie.

I'm in! I don't know much about Italian knives. Still very new to traditionals so I'm just getting my feet wet with American knives. I did use my new GEC 47 to slice some sopressata yesterday, which was delicious. I bet Italian knives are even better at cutting cured meats!

I'm in. Would love a mini trapper. I like Italian traditionals, but the first one that pops into my mind is Stiletto. Would gladly send you a postcard from sunny FL even if I don't win.

I'm in. Would love a mini trapper. I like Italian traditionals, but the first one that pops into my mind is Stiletto. Would gladly send you a postcard from sunny FL even if I don't win.

That's fantastic I appreciate a lot

Thanks for the chance. I have been eyeing resolzas for a few months. They have graceful lines and I think I need to save up for one this coming year.

I'm in! Sadly, I have no Italian knives in my meager collection as I don't really know much about them at this time. Stilettos are the only thing my mind can conjure at the moment.

Stilettos are always something to be discussed, they are discussed since few centuries indeed...

Hi mostho
or as we say in Australia
bon giorno.
My only Italiano knife is a Falcon stiletto with antler handle.
One of the earliest in my collection.:)

I'm in. Only thing I know about Italian knives is many are very sexy. Seemed to be the "criminal" knife, due more to ethnic prejudice at the time, than reality. The stiletto is still one of the sexiest knife designs ever. A Cold Steel Ti-Lite is closest thing I have to an Italian design. It is pretty and actually titanium.

Sadly, switchblades and Extrema Ratio are the extent of my knowledge. I do have a Beretta 92 on the nightstand, though. And the Italian language is in my opinion, the easiest on the ear. And the food!

I'm in - very generous of you! I don't have experience with Italian knives, but I do have a knife that I purchased while I was visiting Rome in 1989. The situation was that my friends and I had purchased a few bottles of wine to take back to our hotel (but, of course!), and when we got back to the hotel, we realized that we did not have a corkscrew. I remembered passing a Victorinox gift shoppe on the street just a few blocks from our hotel, so I ran down and purchased this Swiss Army Knife (with a corkscrew on the bottom backside). I still have the knife, and I treasure both it and the memories of my travels throughout Europe in 1989-1990.

In italian, "falce" means scythe. A great word play.

That's enough mate, no prob!
If you win just remember about a postcard!
:cool:

I followed the link to your drawings/water colors. Beautiful work - I enjoyed them enormously. And yes - we would do a postcard for you, of course! :)

I know whoever wins will enjoy your gift to the community here. Thank you again for doing this.

I'm in and thanks for the opportunity.
I know this isn't a "traditional" knife but it's a fine example of Italian knives. It's the Fox Knives- Military Division FX-130M Pro Hunter made in Maniago Italy.
It is an amazingly well built heavy duty knife. I love everything about it. The fit and finish is perfect. It is one of my all time favorite knives.

20141020_173323_zps0j8jo99k.jpg

I know this is a very generous GAW. We try not to muddy up things with the rules but .... Let's keep it to traditional knives, please.

Many fine looking knives come from Maniago, Italy. That includes some nice traditional slip joints! Next time I'm near Venice (next year I hope) I'm going to plan a stop there.

I might also add that some of the most incredible knives I've ever seen are made by Italian custom knife makers.

Thanks for the GAW. Not an entry, please.

Back