Case Mini Trapper Giveaway - Winner Selected!

Thanks for the generous giveaway. Not an entry please, but if you PM me an address I'll be pleased to send you a postcard :thumbup:

Here's one of my Italian knives, a Maserin Marinera :)

I'm in! I don't know much about Italian knives. Still very new to traditionals...

I'm in, Thank you.
I identify with "martinlutherbling" above. But what I can say with authority is, Italian food is the best. Wine's pretty good and the women are beautiful. My wife knows I'm right ;).
If you collect or just like postcards from different places, PM me and I'll send a postcard that represents where I live.

Cool GAW Mostho! Would be in but think somebody would get better use from it than I. Case knives are great. Far as Italian traditional knives don't have much knowledge on them. As others have said only stilletto and other dagger type knives that come to mind. Would rather have an Italian traditional than one from USA honestly. Though most USA trads will probably have better steel maybe. Both my parents are 1/2 Italian so just would like to own the kind of knives my great grandparents may have used before and after immigrating to America. Will own at least one Italian Traditional in the future. Have my Italian grandfathers pocket knife that he had in an old fishing tackle box but the blade is only 2" and is a cheap lockback that looks like he won in a game at a carnival in the 1990's so not much admiration for it except for the fact was his. Also have some of his kitchen knives. Have one of his guns a Winchester 38 Special that's from like the 1920's- 40's so can't complain about not ending up with any of his pocket knives. Anyways would like to see what Italian Tradtionals you have cause I'm sure you got quite a few nice ones.;) Give me/us some ideas of which ones to look for.

Last edited:
Cool GAW Mostho! Would be in but think somebody would get better use from it than I. Case knives are great. Far as Italian traditional knives don't have much knowledge on them. As others have said only stilletto and other dagger type knives that come to mind. Would rather have an Italian traditional than one from USA honestly. Though most USA trads will probably have better steel maybe. Both my parents are 1/2 Italian so just would like to own the kind of knives my great grandparents may have used before and after immigrating to America. Will own at least one Italian Traditional in the future. Have my Italian grandfathers pocket knife that he had in an old fishing tackle box but the blade is only 2" and is a cheap lockback that looks like he won in a game at a carnival in the 1990's so not much admiration for it except for the fact was his. Also have some of his kitchen knives. Have one of his guns a Winchester 38 Special that's from like the 1920's- 40's so can't complain about not ending up with any of his pocket knives. Anyways would like to see what Italian Tradtionals you have cause I'm sure you got quite a few nice ones.;) Give me/us some ideas of which ones to look for.

Well my friend you soon will have one Italian traditional I promise.
;)
In the meantime there are many interesting, but overall I prefer the Sardinian ones, since I'm half Sardinian. You will discover that there are a bucketful of different knives in a single place that you cannot believe it. My favorites are are arburese, pattadese and resolza. But as far as you surf in the Italian knives sea you will discover many others coming from long traditions. Second to me is the Piedmontese, a friction folder that I love so much and third the zuava folder. Well, I'm just making a chart to simplify but here there are many BF members that a knows a lot from Italy and I suspect they are not all Italians.
In any case thank you!

Cheers

Thanks for the generous giveaway. Not an entry please, but if you PM me an address I'll be pleased to send you a postcard :thumbup:

Here's one of my Italian knives, a Maserin Marinera :)

That's wonderful jackknife Jack! An Italian sodbuster!

Thanks for the opportunity, I'm in!

Here's what I know about italian traditionals: I have one, but last time I researched it, couldn't drum up any real info. I believe the scales are horn.

Photo%20Nov%2023%2C%203%2016%2046%20PM.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity, I'm in!

Here's what I know about italian traditionals: I have one, but last time I researched it, couldn't drum up any real info. I believe the scales are horn.

Photo%20Nov%2023%2C%203%2016%2046%20PM.jpg

Good shot!!

If you search "sfilato di Frosolone" or gobbo di "Frosolone" or "Zuava" you will find some rally nice and very very teasing.
Another great regional pattern from Italy,

. Frosolone is a small small city a very small but everyone's is making knives over there.something like a small Maniago In the South Of Italy.

Last edited:
Congratulation #8
it was not the most followed thread on BF but I like to say that we have the lucky winner, and I'm happy to send it out this wonderful jewel.

Soon I think I'll make another one!

Cheers!

Thanks again mostho! I can tell it really is a beautiful knife just from the pics....it will be a perfect EDC! (I will contact Case for a shield too). Grazie mille! :D

Congratulations, edison! :thumbup::thumbup: Looks like you won a very nice knife.
Thanks for sponsoring this generous giveaway, mostho. I enjoyed learning a little bit more about Italian knives.

- GT

Back