1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Signalprick, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I looked around and I didn't find a thread dedicated to sharing pics and discussion of the Case Tony Bose collaborations. I've pretty much drawn my line in the sand as far as the meat of my traditional collection. I currently own 3. I have a 4th, the Eureka Jack in ebony headed my way. Ive parted with a few others over the years. Most recently an antique bone Dog Leg Jack. I immediately regretted selling that one before the funds cleared paypal! Live and learn I guess. I try to stay focused on what I like most and will carry and use. After all, it is what Mr. Bose expects out of even his full customs. Anyway, I look forward to sharing discussion and pictures of these great knives. Here's some glamor shots of mine.
    20180302_150620.jpg

20180302_150703.jpg

20180302_150730.jpg

20180302_150750.jpg

20180302_150811.jpg

20180302_150920.jpg

20180302_150933.jpg

20180302_150946.jpg

2. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Good stuff, Jason. My favorite has always been the Norfolk but the Cattle Knife is right up there too. Those are actually the only two that I've owned in Case/Bose collab lineup. I keep thinking that I would like a Lanny's Clip but I keep talking myself out of it because I don't think I would carry it due to the size. They sure do look nice though and yours is no exception.
    IMG_2843.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2847.JPG
    IMG_2837.JPG
    IMG_2851.JPG
    IMG_2831.JPG

3. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    I can tell already that I should probably stay away from this thread :)
    That Norfolk is amazing Rick.

Laurelbb, neal70, Ironbut and 3 others like this.
  4. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    I was thinking the same about that Norfolk. I think that particular pattern I'd love to get in molasses bone and damascus. That chestnut looks fantastic though!

neal70 and supratentorial like this.
  5. Railsplitter

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks, guys.

Cutfinger, neal70 and supratentorial like this.
  6. redsparrow

redsparrow Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2014
    +1 :thumbsup:
    I gave it some thought before entering this thread but I could not resist.o_O
    Now I've gone and done it... the Lanny's, the Cattle Knife, the Norfolk...Oh my!!! :eek:

7. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    It’s been years since the Norfolk, but I still think it’s the best out of all the collabs.

neal70, supratentorial and Peregrin like this.
  8. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    I rarely sell a knife, but the Case Bose Norfolk is one that left. Pull on the main was too stiff and it's not pinchable. The original lockback whittler is my favorite, followed by the LC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I had a Coffin Jack in antique bone that was spot on perfect in the fit and finish. Ended up selling it and have no clue what knife I bought with the funds but I do miss it lol.

The next collab that I bought was the Cattle Knife in ebony. I realllllly liked that knife a lot. The only issue was one small sliver of a gap along the one liner and spring. I should be honest and admit I’m nitpicking that anyway. It was a really nice knife and I loved that all the pulls were exactly the same between all 3 blades which I find to be rather uncommon.

I sold the Cattle Knife as well. I was talking with Bob (Big Biscuit) one night and he made it known that he wanted one, so I sold it for a great price knowing he’d love it. I hope his grandson Bo has it now and uses it often!

I’ve been tempted to get another, just haven’t yet.

neal70, t.willy and Old Engineer like this.
  10. Squidman24

Squidman24 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Man clicking on this thread has me seriously re-thinking some things lol. Here is my one and only TB/Case Lanny’s Clip

case_bose_lc_1.jpg case_bose_lc_2.jpg case_bose_lc_3.jpg

11. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    @Chief those are amazing, wow!

@Squidman24 that's a nice one. I think I threw a couple offers at it when you had it listed.

neal70, Chief and supratentorial like this.
  12. supratentorial

supratentorial

Dec 19, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Tony Bose Case Tribal Spear
    IMG_6185.JPG
    Not a great pic since it just arrived.
    One of the few traditionals that called to me. It's on the slightly larger side for a traditional, maybe that's what drew me in.

A big thanks to Charlie Mike for letting this beauty go.

miso2, VashHash, Fodderwing and 12 others like this.
  14. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    I still have several (well my son does now).

I know a lot of folks complain about the cost but face it...one of Tony's knives in the collaboration patterns (if you can find one) will cost six times as much and probably won't be carried or used.

neal70, Signalprick, Ratbert and 2 others like this.
  15. Railsplitter

Oct 31, 2010
    That's a good point, Jerry. A piece of Tony's craftsmanship for a mere fraction of an original isn't really bad at all and they are very well made in most cases.

neal70 and Signalprick like this.
  16. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    My one and lonely :)
    [​IMG]

17. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Here's mine, less an Antique Bone Muskrat from 2004 that's buried in a drawer somewhere. The Norfolk is my favorite of these.
    I had a Dogleg Jack that I sold off.
    [​IMG]

18. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    That sir, is an exceptional collection! You guys are killing me with the Norfolks.
    So true. I would rather pay for a collab that whose origin came straight from the mind of a legend than secondary cost for some of these GEC TC Barlows.
    And in cases where fit and finish may be lacking, Case has fantastic warranty. Send it in and you'll get a knife back that will quickly make you appreciate how much you paid.
    Gary, that is a gorgeous WT!

19. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Outdoorsman

[​IMG]

20. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Thanks, Jason! It's a great knife. I've carried it some but it's a bit heavier then I like. Here's another pic of the 2013 WT, taken some time ago.
    [​IMG]