Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

I went to my local knife shop yesterday and one of the owners has decided to sell off a handful of his personal Case Bose knives, two of which are cattle knives in ebony and chestnut. He's only interested in selling most of the collection right now and his asking prices are high on the cattles, so I didn't bring one home. However, I can't say that would have even if the price was right because I was a bit disappointed with them. I thought they were a bit larger than they are, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but the main clip spring was weaker than I like on both. Those are my only complaints with them, but spring tension is something I'm really picky about and I don't know if I can overlook it. I had high hopes for this pattern, so I'm pretty bummed about my first encounter with it. Oh well, I guess every pattern isn't for everyone.

I didn't come home empty handed though. He was willing to trade for this perfect beauty...

20180812_173723.jpg 20180812_173745.jpg 20180812_173846.jpg 20180812_173819.jpg

I went to my local knife shop yesterday and one of the owners has decided to sell off a handful of his personal Case Bose knives, two of which are cattle knives in ebony and chestnut. He's only interested in selling most of the collection right now and his asking prices are high on the cattles, so I didn't bring one home. However, I can't say that would have even if the price was right because I was a bit disappointed with them. I thought they were a bit larger than they are, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but the main clip spring was weaker than I like on both. Those are my only complaints with them, but spring tension is something I'm really picky about and I don't know if I can overlook it. I had high hopes for this pattern, so I'm pretty bummed about my first encounter with it. Oh well, I guess every pattern isn't for everyone.

I didn't come home empty handed though. He was willing to trade for this perfect beauty...

View attachment 964551 View attachment 964552 View attachment 964550 View attachment 964549
Sorry to hear the cattle knives disappointed Chris. I too wish they were about an eighth to a quarter inch longer, I however like pulls in the 4-5 range which mine has. The one thing that keeps it out of my pocket most often though is it is not a Stockman, it’s blade configuration is not exactly intuitive for me (same issue I have with the Buck 301). They need a run of 3-7/8” Bose sowbellies in the collaboration knives, I would be absolutely smitten.

Ps- that lockback is fantastic!

View attachment 964551 View attachment 964552 View attachment 964550 View attachment 964549
Glad I’m not the only one that was kind of underwhelmed. I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. An absolute perfect one I’d be interested in maybe but it seems one of those one be hard to find.

The Wilfred lockback is awesome looking

Does anyone know if case would re cover a premium stockman in dark molasses bone for me? Emailed but got a generic send it in for evaluation response. Want one but don’t like the cover choices. Plus love the dark molasses and they did a run for the Damascus in it but not really in to Damascus steel.

Does anyone know if case would re cover a premium stockman in dark molasses bone for me? Emailed but got a generic send it in for evaluation response.
When I asked about having my '05 Lockback Whittler re-covered in a different material since stag was unavailable they told me they would only put on covers that match the tang stamped model number

~Chip

When I asked about having my '05 Lockback Whittler re-covered in a different material since stag was unavailable they told me they would only put on covers that match the tang stamped model number

~Chip
When I asked that ssme question I was told they would as long as the cover was used for the pattern. In other words they didn't want to make a unicorn.

When I asked that ssme question I was told they would as long as the cover was used for the pattern. In other words they didn't want to make a unicorn.
Seems they're about as consistent as the "repairs" they made on my Bose Collabs :(

~Chip

Does anyone know if case would re cover a premium stockman in dark molasses bone for me? Emailed but got a generic send it in for evaluation response. Want one but don’t like the cover choices. Plus love the dark molasses and they did a run for the Damascus in it but not really in to Damascus steel.

Worth a try to have Case do it. If that doesn't work out, there are several highly skilled and reputable members here on BF that could accommodate your request for a fair price. I'm thinking of having the same done to one or two of mine as well.

Heirphoto—really loving all the pics you’re putting up! I prefer a thinner carry—are the wood handles or the bone handles thinner?
I had the Arkansas Hunter in chestnut bone and replaced it with an ebony and both were about the same thickness....very thin really. Even my Stockman and the Wharnie trapper are easy pocket fits despite being 2 spring knives.

My singles, Tribal, Arkansas and Yukon are all very slim in the pocket

Does anyone know if case would re cover a premium stockman in dark molasses bone for me? Emailed but got a generic send it in for evaluation response. Want one but don’t like the cover choices.

I was in the same quandry when buying my Wilfred lockback, nothing really blew me away cover wise. Took a chance on the bone stag and found the coloring rather drab. A quick dye job later and I had the look I was happy with. IMG_0154.JPGIMG_0155.JPG

I had the Arkansas Hunter in chestnut bone and replaced it with an ebony and both were about the same thickness....very thin really. Even my Stockman and the Wharnie trapper are easy pocket fits despite being 2 spring knives.

My singles, Tribal, Arkansas and Yukon are all very slim in the pocket

Thanks Heirphoto! Appreciate the first-hand knowledge!!

Worth a try to have Case do it. If that doesn't work out, there are several highly skilled and reputable members here on BF that could accommodate your request for a fair price. I'm thinking of having the same done to one or two of mine as well.
True just don’t want it to sit at Case for a month and get it back unchanged.
That would probably be better get a better choice of what to put on it and it’d be better looking than whatever case could do. Would for sure put that extra bit of custom look and feel on to the colabs. This dark molasses extremely nice tho CF726A15-4C72-4E98-9B80-0F5C0B862718.jpeg

I’d have to agree with Heirphoto Heirphoto
On the trapper it’s extremely nice
Fit and finish is also extremely nice. Walk and talk is as good as it gets. Good size and it feels substantial which I like. The fluted bolster really puts it altogether. Never held a custom but it couldn’t get much better.

My one pick is that the tips aren’t exactly proud but I wish they were farther in the handle and the joints are angled down nice little touch

Any word on what the next collaboration knife is? Don't they typically release them in the Fall?

Back