Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Signalprick, Mar 2, 2018.

1. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    My three favorites are the Tribal Spear, Wilfred Lockback Hunter and Norfolk.

2. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    My first thought was the Norfolk. I think it's my favorite, although I like them all.

3. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal

Mar 8, 2018
    The Wilfred is on the short list but man the cover choices don’t look good I’d have to get it recovered.

4. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    My love for the Cattle Knife is well documented in the forum. I can't recommend it enough. Can't wait till Thursday to get my Javi Garcia recovered Eureka. The more recent collabs have dull looking bone IMO. I would love to score an ebony Norfolk one of these days!

5. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal

Mar 8, 2018
    I had a cattle knife for a day before sending it back handy little package now that I think about it the Damascus cattle knife would be a great addition. Either that or an antique bone lockback whittler with the clip blade whichever I run into first for a good deal.

6. navaja

navaja Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2005
    I highly recommend the improved muskrat collaboration. Useful blade combination in a slim, single spring package. The Lannys clip and Tribal Spear are excellent options as well.

Ace Rimmer and blademan 13 like this.
  7. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I try to get Ebony, but that wasn't available at a reasonable price, so my lady got me chesnut bone Wilfred for birthday/Xmas. I'm quite happy. It's a great knife, big yet slim and with a little practice, I can thumb it open :) Very much an EDC carry, and useful in the kitchen. Best modern version of that pattern I've seen, the only thing that tops it is an original stag Remington. It's truly an "improved" design.

Laurelbb, navaja and Dschal like this.
  8. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    Before.
    20190221_072756.jpg

After! :cool:
    20190620_132558.jpg

9. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    I had the opportunity to pick up another Case Bose Cattle Knife with Chestnut Bone covers. Bone covers are typically not my thing but these are exceptional! I also don't make a habit of owning two of the same knife but for me the Case Bose Cattle Knife collab has been my absolute favorite traditional/slipjoint that I've come across since getting into traditionals. The ebony version will continue to serve as my user. I plan to hold the Chestnut bone back as occasional pocket jewlery and one to admire. Pictured with its collab colleagues, I'm extremely content with this trio.
    20190723_065344.jpg

20190722_125714.jpg

20190723_140252.jpg

20190723_140237.jpg

20190722_125933.jpg

Fodderwing, sunknife, Rick and 19 others like this.
  10. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Some nice covers indeed on the Chestnut Cattle knife.

Laurelbb, Will Power and Signalprick like this.
  11. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    Thank you Tim!

12. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal

Mar 8, 2018
    Stunning array of cutlery indeed! That is some mighty fine jigging only occasionally see one of them that good. Of the 4 I’ve had none have been close to that one it looks like custom jigging.

blademan 13 and Signalprick like this.
  13. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Nice score!! The covers are excellent

Signalprick likes this.
  14. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    Thank you. Your right. Most of the bone from the more recent years is very hit and miss. Very pleased with this one though.

Thank you sir!

sXePhenomenal likes this.
  15. The Shatz

Oct 1, 2017
    No I want one lol

16. The Shatz

Oct 1, 2017
    Does anyone know what the next release will be? I'm hoping they'll do a Barlow or single
    Blade trapper

17. Signalprick

Apr 3, 2009
    The collab model is usually leaked right before Blade. So no idea at this point. I'm hoping for something smaller and more EDC friendly for 2020 though.

navaja, Crazy Canuck and LastRodeo like this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Now you jinxed it. :mad: :D ;)

19. The Shatz

Oct 1, 2017
    I hope not!! With case having a giant hit with the Barlow this year
    It would be the perfect colab

Laurelbb likes this.
  20. ibute21

ibute21 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Agreed. The 19 collab is a huge folder. I really like the looks of it though but can't get over the weight.