Centofante with Green insert??

Clay - that sounds ok.

What do you think would be a fair amount to charge for each raffle opportunity?

sal

Sal-difficult question
frown.gif
. If you ask too much, people won't buy tickets and if it's too cheap you won't raise enough money. I think the $5.00 price for the previous raffle was too low, even more so for this piece which will udoubtably increase in value. Maybe something in the $10 to $20 range, what do others think?

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Clay is probably right that $5 is too cheap to raise any decent amount of money. But, I think that if you go much over $10, people are going to start thinking instead of spending.

------------------
Dave

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of More Knives

It is a tough question, Sal, and I don't know whether a per ticket cost of $5 or $20 will affect the total amount raised all that much. Speaking for myself, I'll probably spend $20 or so on the raffle whether it's for one ticket or several. If the per ticket cost is too high, however, there is a risk that some folks won't buy any at all. FWIW, I had had to pick a number, I'd go w/$5 each.

------------------
Cheers,

--+Brian+--

aka Dagda the Insatiable, Member of the Terrible Ironic HORDE
"I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, Babe, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride."

Thanks for your reply, Ghecko
I've been outbid on it, so I need a few tickets on this one Sal is talking about.
smile.gif

If the tickets are more than $5 each then you probably need some scans by Mr Mattis to coax the bills out of some pockets.(course the way he's drooling, you'd better Tuffcoat it first)

------------------
><CHINOOK*>
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult

Vince-
Were there two different colors of gray handles made for the Centofantes? I have one that's a dark gray with black insert and one that's a very light gray (almost silver) with a black insert.
Patti @ IDB

Sal,
We're all sitting at our computers, checkbooks in hand, just waiting to hear about the raffle!

------------------
Dave

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of More Knives

Two things:
- awaiting raffle still
- there's a blue Centofante @ ebuy.
cheers
Ferret.
p.s. is it worth me pointing these gems out to people or should I pull my head in?

My daily carry ( this week
wink.gif
) is a gray Centofante with the black rubber removed and a nice piece of cocobolo inserted. It took a while to shape it, but I like it. Someday soon I should have a digital camera and I will try to post it.

Danny

[This message has been edited by dfhoward (edited 01-29-2000).]

Ferret: I saw that blue one on ebay myself. Interesting. There are some others that I'm not so sure about. Some of the claims and descriptions just don't sound right. Admittedly, though, I'm new to Spydies and knives in general. I could be wrong.

Dave - sorry 'bout that. I felt that I should make sure that I have one in hand before posting. With the SHOT Show and post SHOT show meetings, I haven't had the opportunity to dig into the "archives" and make sure I have one.

I haven't forgotten it. And I do have an alternative in mind if necessary.

sal

I know where a green insert Centofante is sitting on a shelf. If anyone is interested let me know.

Blades

Back